Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Library Toy

A few weeks ago when I was in the library, I noticed they installed two things along the front of the check out counter. One was a giant mirror. The other was this -

Isn't this neat. I know both were for children, but I bent down anyway and played with it for a few minutes. It was a slow day, no one else in line. I thought this was a rather clever idea. They should put these in banks too, or other places mother's of young children have to stand in line. Of course there might then be the child you have to pull screaming from the toy to get out the door, but at least he/she will be intertained during the transaction.

2 Comments:

Blogger Troop 1309 said...

My kids love that one! The children's room at the library also has new toys mounted to the wall and activity tables. I do have to tear my 6 year old away from the mega lego table. I am sad that the library doesn't have the funds for a new children's librarian. Mrs. Pangborn retires this month and no one will replace her. That is a huge loss for the kids.

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are quite popular in Germany. Not in banks, so much, but doctor/hospital waiting rooms and the like.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home