Saturday, July 30, 2005

I'm spoze tobee doin sumthin

But I'm not. Well, technically, one is always "doing something". It might be sitting on one's butt reading e-mail. It might be nothing more then standing stock still except for one's chest rising up and down with one's breathing. But that's still something. I suppose even if you're dead, you're doing something. Laying there, decomposing. Okay, never mind, I've been cruising too many Halloween websites today. I just joined a new e-list, a "we all love Halloween" e-list. It's fun. Not what I'm s'posed to be doing. But fun.

Anyhooo, back to the title of this blog entry, whether I am or am not doing something. What I mean is, I'm not doing what I want to be doing. What I want to force myself to do. What I told myself I'd do. What I said I wanted to get to just as soon as....(fill in an excuse here). It's no longer hotter then the inside of an oven at 350 degrees (it's more like an oven that was on but has been turned off just long enough so you won't actually burn yourself anymore if you touch it). I'm no longer stressing over escrow issues. The fair has been over for five days now. I'm not coming home from a trip or yet planning the next one. If I answered you honestly (which I probably wouldn't at this point), my days are pretty much open and should allow for lots and lots of me doing something that falls in the "useful" category. I've run out of reasons why I'm not doing these things I said I wanted to be doing.

"These things", by the way, include such tasks as cleaning the house, sewing, organizing, writing important letters, and so on and so on in a productive type manner. "These things" do not include surfing the net for Halloween decor, driving to Starbucks for an iced chai latte and then leaving it to melt because for some reason it tastes like crap, telling my puppy she's the "cutest, wootest, wittle puppy ever", chatting with my friend Shirley at the bead shop and buying a bunch more beads to add to the beads I've already bought but still haven't done anything with, watching the new Serenity movie trailer (it's awesome, go watch it! http://www.serenitymovie.com/700.html ) and so on and so on in an unproductive manner.

Oh, look at the time! It's almost 10 pm. Well, I suppose it's too late to do anything about doing something productive NOW! I mean, it's dark outside. I've been up all day. Yawn. I'm sure I'll be tired soon. No sense starting something and then falling asleep in the middle of it. I better play it safe. I think I'll go scoop a bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream for dinner, and watch t.v. with William. I mean,that might not be productive, but it is "doing something".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe . . . that's exactly the kind of day I had yesterday. I've been much more productive today, though. I must have needed the rest. :-) Yep, that's it. I goofed off for my own good.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home