Saturday, July 29, 2006

Heatwave Relief!

Is it "heat wave" or "heatwave"? Whichever, the exciting news is that we have some glorious relief from it tonight. Yes, it's cool outside. I might even say, COLD. I would be comfortable in jeans. Not that I'm wearing jeans. I'm wearing a sleeveless dress and relishing the chilly air on my bare limbs. I'm going to get to use a BLANKET tonight!!!!

It was cool enough this evening for me to finally get out in the garden and get those poor, pitiful, abandoned six packs of plants in the ground. Several of them were obviously not gonna make it. If I'm not mistaken, green plants need at least one or two leaves remaining on their stalk in order to photosynthesize. But I planted it all anyway, even if for a few, it could be considered nothing but a decent burial. If the weather stays low enough, I might even go back to the store and find a few more plants to torture tomorrow.... I mean, nurture tomorrow. NUTURE!

Tonight I found a hysterically funny new television show. It's called Psych. It's about these two private detectives, one who pretends to be a psychic. Between Monk and Psych, we laughed all evening. Now I'm watching this really stupid show called What Not to Wear. Jeff was watching another episode of it earlier. I'm watching it with a mixture of fascination and horror. First, I'm really not a reality show type person. And then there's the whole thing of having total strangers tell you that your entire family thinks you look like complete shit. I don't think I could do it. I like my comfortable, eccentric, occasionally shabby clothes. Would you be willing to give up your entire wardrobe for $5,000 and an opportunity to be publicly humiliated on television? Maybe you would. Maybe I'm just weird.

Yawwwwn, time to try out that whole covering-my-body-while-I-sleep idea. Cool blessings to everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

We are having the same relief from the heat! I'm lovin' it!!

I sometimes watch What Not to Wear (the one on BBC) just for the laughs. Trini and Susannah are a hoot. I don't like the American version though.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

We saw the return of fog yesterday, hurrah! Psych is hilarious isn't it? And now I like Monk, so those are good shows back to back. I watched What Not to Wear once and thought it was terrifying. The hosts went on and on about the woman's breasts and how large they were, you couldn't pay me enough$$!

10:57 AM  
Blogger :-D eirdre said...

Glad to hear that the heat is leaving - it is about 4 billion percent humid here today and mid-90s. So with any luck your better temps will float over here to us.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home