Monday, February 12, 2007

What's the buzzzzzz?

I've been told that attacking folks with photos of my grandchildren might not be the best way to keep friends. Phbbt. Too bad. Love me, love my grandchildren. And my kids. And my mess. And my cats.

This particular photo though, has not only a cute granddaughter and pretty cute if bemused son, but also a cute story behind it.

My daughter-in-law Lisa keeps me happy with lots of photos of Joli, almost daily. It makes it a wee bit easier that they live so far away. I called her up after receiving the bumble bee baby pics to ask her where she got a bee costume. I assumed that she'd been given it in a bunch of hand-me-downs, some other baby's Halloween costume.

Wrong. She and her mom were out shopping recently at Old Navy outlet store and she saw this bumble bee costume on last clearance prices - $2. She picked it up. Her mom said "But Halloween is over. When will she get a chance to wear it?"

Without having to stop and think about it, Lisa replied "For Easter."

I just laughed and laughed because, of course! Bunnies, eggs, green grass, flowers..... bees! It made total sense. Have I mentioned how lucky I am to have such a smart (aka - thinks in strange ways just like me) daughter-in-law!?

I like this photo too. Check out the evil eye peering out in the bottom lefthand corner. It looks like poor baby has just been scooped up by a mad ogre.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, she's absolutely adorable!! Dylan loved wearing costumes until he was about 5 or 6. :-)
Kate

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! Mine has a bunny costume. We bought it large so she could wear it TWICE, Easter being the second. Let's see if she still fits by Easter.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home