Saturday, August 30, 2008

Back from San Diego

I know I mentioned I'd be going down to San Diego but I didn't say much else about it as I brought my laptop and had planned on posting regularly while there. Unfortunately the kids' wi-fi wasn't working and their computer, which we all were sharing, runs really, reallllllly slllllowww-w-w-w-w-wly. I didn't want to waste my time online when I only had a few days to visit, so I just checked for personal mail and did a few fast online tasks each day and left it at that.

But now I'm home again. Not organized yet, and a bit low on sleep, so I'll just post a few of the many pics I snapped and leave it at that for today. I had a really nice time. The whole point of the trip was just to spend time with my family, so we took it day by day with flexible plans.


While Joe visited a friend in the hospital, we went up the hill to Balboa Park and had just enough time to ride the carousel. Joli was pretty excited about riding a kitty.


They recently lost two pets, a cat and a turtle, but here's the new member of their family. He's a rare breed (at least here in the U.S.) called a Dutch Shepherd. This giant pup is only four months old! His name is Cota (short for Dakota) and he's a bit klutzy and sometimes forgets to follow the rules but hey, he's a puppy. He's very calm and good natured.


Joli trying to fill her daddy's shoes.


I was taking photos of her in this cute little turquoise outfit for this week's turquoise theme for the Shades of Inspiration Challenge I participate in when I got this unexpected expression. She looks like she's plotting something here. What sinister thoughts are lurking in that smart little brain of hers? hehehe


Here's a photo of Joe, Lisa, and Joli in the Gaslamp District downtown San Diego. We couldn't get Joli to look at the camera because just off to the side were a gaggle of gorgeous young women who were giggling and sweet talking Joli. "Isn't she adorable!" "Look at that smile" "Oh, she's so cute!" Giggle, giggle. Joli was giving her fans all her attention.

More cute grandbaby pics to follow, I'm sure. In the meantime, I'll put up some photos of the beauty and architecture of San Diego over on Laume's Studio.

1 Comments:

Blogger Belita Rose said...

Glad to see you got home okay. I called the house yesterday but Papa said you were still in Chico. My baby looks adorable as always! Can't wait to see you in another couple months! Love you!

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home