Monday, November 17, 2008

A Brief Apology - With Photos

Oh my stars, will you look at the time! Where did it go!?

I've got several post ideas I'm just itching to type, but I have to get away from the keyboard for awhile.

For, you see...


...the laundry is really piling up.


.... there is yard work like you wouldn't believe.


.... and I don't even want to admit to how out of control my dust bunny population has become.


..... And that's before I even get to all the unfinished art projects I have that are screaming for my attention.

So, I have to do it. I have to cut back on my computer time for a wee bit. Maybe two or three days, maybe a week. (honestly, I really need a month or two) If I can get my butt in gear and get some progress made, perhaps I'll reward myself with a quick peek in to say hi. But only if THINGS ARE ACCOMPLISHED! What I really need is a mom to do for me what I must pretty regularly do for my teenage son - give me a cheerful but firm ultimatum.

"Chores done by X:XX o'clock or you lose your ipod/car/allowance/time with friends for a day/weekend/week!"


It's hard to give oneself an ultimatum. I'm hoping this publicly announced, self imposed ultimatum will be a workable equivalent. I mean, there's every possibility that I'll just ignore it, like William ignores all but my fiercest ultimatums to him. I'm sort of depending on you guys to be fierce for me. Although, whaddya gonna do? Stand over your monitors with my blog page on it, folding your arms, tapping your toes and growling "I mean it girl!"

Sigh. I really wish I had a bit more Type A Personality in my gene pool.

So there you go. Goodbye for a bit. Hopefully it's just an "A Bientot!", which means only a little goodbye.

And now, no more procrastinating.... I must take off.



2 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

See you when you return!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Troop 1309 said...

Great photo story!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home