Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog

Am I the last one to discover Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog?!? I'm liking Joss Whedon's new show, Dollhouse, but two episodes in, I'm not convinced it's gonna stick around. It doesn't have the iconic wit and humor that Buffy, Angel, or Firefly were known for, so not all the Whedon fans seem to be on board. (I do NOT have to include explanatory links for those last three shows, do I!?) As a sci-fi/fantasy drama, it might get a following, or it might not, considering all the competition there is out there for shows in the same genre. I think the closest thing to the type of intellectual humor in the old Josh Whedon shows nowadays is probably Eureka. Maybe Psych. I think you can find full length episodes of all these shows in case any of them are new to you and you want to check them out. Am I missing any other shows that you think are comparable?

But, Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog is some of the great old silly and smart Whedon fans love the most. You can watch it for free on the official fan website link above. Or at Hulu. (Apparently only if you're in the U.S. for some reason unknown to me.) You can probably piece the whole thing together at Youtube. And it's available for sale as a DVD and I'm betting it's a Netflix choice.

To whet your appetite, here's the official trailer:




I watched it for the first time last night but I'm certain I'm gonna have to watch it once or twice or a dozen times more so I can memorize the songs. Such awesome lyrics simply can't be wasted. I must get them stuck in my head so I can break out into silliness whenever the moment calls for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home