Monday, March 16, 2009

Guess What I Made For Dinner Tonight

Here's a clue:



And here's how it came out:


For those of you who dislike borscht, I'm not gonna convince you that looks yummy. But trust me - YUM. I make a whole beet version and I wish you could see the pretty beet greens in it. And again, for the uninitiated, it's traditionally served with a dollop of yogurt. So, no, that's not whipped cream. Calories? So ridiculously low you'd need a magnifying glass to find them.

I used to make this relatively often, back in the cooking for a big family days. Glad I returned to my "roots". Oh, groan. I'm gonna think back and try to remember other old favorites.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Oh good gawd that looks fabulous! And I even have some beets, maybe I'll make it for myself for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for the yummy idea.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Lutrah's Ocean Alter said...

If you are going to torture us other beet lovers out there, maybe you can share the recipe, or a basic overview?
Purtty Please?
I may have to taunt you a second time....

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home