Thursday, February 18, 2010

Those Rascally Teenagers

William and some buddies came rushing in and out the other day and I stopped them to ask "What's with the sign?"

"It's for the basketball game" says William.



"Boo West Valley"

"What about the other side?" I ask.

William: "That's for when Mr. Ready walks by." (Mr. Ready is the principal)




Is it wrong that I find this hysterically funny?

More teenage shenanigans. I came home from my book club last night, walked up the steps into the front yard and discovered this -




Many, many balloons. Balloons all the way up to the door. Balloons to the left.



Balloons to the right.

And when I walked through them, two or three of them bumped up against a prickly bit of dried stick or stalk and.....

***POP!!!***




Each balloon was filled with lot of these papers.

My son's girlfriend, clever way to ask him to the Reverse Dance. Well done Vicki!

Interestingly, the balloons were just one of a number of colorful "splashes of trash" I wandered into on Wednesday. On my walks I also found a a spill of colored beads and an entire block covered with scattered feathers from a flock of rainbow colored chickens. I figure it's all left over silliness from Tuesday's Mardi Gras celebration. Right? Makes sense to me!

8 Comments:

Blogger Mermaidlaughing said...

That is so awesome! I love the stories Zoe comes home with about kids asking each other to the dances...they have amazing imaginations!

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an awesome sign. I find it hilarious too. And the balloons? Awesome.

4:04 AM  
Blogger LeslieN said...

What a good way to start my day. Smiling and giggling. I do love a party hat.

8:31 AM  
Blogger LeslieN said...

The sign is hysterical. Both sides.

8:31 AM  
Blogger LeslieN said...

The party hat comment belonged to some long ago post you made that evidently didn't make it. Pay no attention to it today.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

The sign is definitely hilarious. And I am impressed with the balloon stunt, what a creative way to ask someone to a dance!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Laume said...

She wanted to fill his room with the balloons but when she came by I wasn't home to let her in. So she did the front yard instead. It would have been fine for her to go in on her own although, now that I think about it again, the puppy would have made that complicated, but the yard worked nicely too. Someone else asked me, how did she get all those balloons TO THE HOUSE - gee, I don't know!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Connie Carpenter Macko said...

Just for the record, although it isn't relavent, I like me a party hat too!

...and I was laughing out loud before I even got to your question!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home