Monday, January 09, 2006

4-Things Meme

I've been tagged by Deirdre, who was tagged by Deb, who was tagged by... I don't remember. But anyway, i was tagged for the 4-Things Meme, which is nice, 'cuz I was gonna do it anyway. I love this sort of thing. And while we're on the subject, does anyone know why it's called a Meme? Someone asked me and I stared at them with a blank look while I thought about it and then had to admit I couldn't figure it out.

I was also incredibly amused by the difference between the way Deb answered her questions and the way Deirdre answered hers. Deb's answers ramble on with great detail and a bit of sidetracking. Deirdre's, on the other hand, were short and to the point. Gee, which style do you think I resemble most? LOL. Deirdre is a dear friend, but my brain style is obviously more Deb-ish.

So, enough preamble, here's my answers.

Four Jobs You've Had:

1. Receptionist/office manager/bookkeeper for an real estate developer
2. receptionist in an insurance agency
3. freelance writer
4. lactation consultant and rental and sales of breast pumps

Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over:

1. Practical Magic
2. French Kiss
3. Sleepless in Seattle
4. Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Wish this was a 10-Thing Meme. It's hard to just list four. But I'm being good. So far.

Four Places You've Lived:

1. Wisconsin
2. Minnesota
3. New Mexico
4. California

Four TV Shows you love to Watch: currently, I'll go with

1. Bones
2. Numbers
3. Wonderfalls (yes, I know, it's not a new show. In fact it's an old show that wasn't even shown when it was new - it got cancelled before an audience could even find it. The network, in their wealth before wit thinking, replaced it after only a few episodes with The Swan, another mindless reality television show that the average American with the intellect of a 7th grader could enjoy. I'm still pissed. But fortunately, the first season was just released on DVD.)
4. Ghost Whisperer

Four Places You've Been on Vacation:

1. Butchart Gardens, Vancouver Island, Canada
2. Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico
3. Chicago, Illinois (quilting conference)
4. Trinidad, California (redwoods, ocean, beaches, fog)

Four Websites You Visit Every Day:

1. Google
2. Red Shoe Ramblings
3. Yahoo My Groups
4. Faster Than Kudzu

Four Of Your Favorite Foods:

1. hot cereal (oatmeal, cream of rice, 10-grain....)
2. posole (a Mexican soup)
3. canadles (Lithuanian recipe for potato dumplings)
4. tea (and if that doesn't count for a food, then let's go with brussel sprouts)

Four Places You'd Rather Be:

1. walking on a beach
2. working in the garden
3. curled up in bed with a cup of tea and a great novel
4. waiting for the lights to go down, the stars to come out, and the play to begin
at the Elizabethan Theatre in Ashland

Four Albums You Can't Live Without:

This is a tough question for some reason. If I answer for ALL the albums I've ever listened to, worn out, and been influenced by, then the answers would be very different then if I answered to what I am currently listening to all the time. I might not listen much to some music that meant a great deal to me and defined who I was for a period of time, but I still wouldn't want to have lived without it. And music I'm currently obsessed with may not continue to be important to me a month, a year or a decade from now. Okay, I'll answer both ways, although even then, another time, another moment of pondering, I might make different choices.

Over my lifetime:

1. John Denver - Back Home Again
2. Opening Circle - a collection of songs and chants collected and sung at the California School of Herbal Studies
3. Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever
4. Avril Lavigne - Under My Skin


Currently:

1. Green Day - Bullet in a Bible
2. Green Day - American Idiot
3. Green Day - Dookie
4. Green Day - Nimrod

Uhm, you might have noticed a pattern there.... I've also listened to a bit of Steve Earle, Bob Marley, Eminem.... I'm sort of stuck on power to the people type stuff at the moment... I'm sure I'll move on to other obsessions some time soon

Four People You'll Pass This On To:

1. Lutra
2. Margi
3. Frank
4. Jan

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

I thought you were very succinct this time around, Laume! :-)

6:31 AM  
Blogger :-D eirdre said...

You know Deb I was thinking the very same thing - for the most part the answers were to the point - ok she did have her own agenda on Wonderfalls.

I had the hardest time picking my answers but was very surprised to see that Wicked was off Laume's list.

Reading these lists are fun - you really find out a lot about a person!

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home