Thursday, November 10, 2005

I've been challenged to a Tri-Meme

Apparently a "Meme" is the name of all those silly questionaires that float about the cyber-verse. The hi-tech version of driving along on a long highway with your friends or kids and asking each other questions like "If you had a million dollars... If you could only have three wishes..... If you could meet anyone that's ever lived...... If you had to only wear two colors for the rest of your life....." and so on. So, always up for a challenge and a good procrastination task (I have OTHER things I should be doing), here are my answers, to the best of my ability, which is currently caffeine free, so we'll see what I come up with.

Tri-Meme

Three screen names that you'íve had:
Originally I just used the name of my birth certificate, Linda. Lately I've gone by my "online" name, although it's developed into simply my "other" name as I use it offline as well, Laume. I don't think I've gone by anything else. I guess my Yahoo name is Uppitymom, that might count as a screen name. And then there's my e-mail "name", Granny Weatherwax.

Three things you like about yourself:
I'm funny, kind, and optimistic. And smart. Geeze, anyone who knows me knows I can't follow rules, like having to list THREE things.

Three things you don't like about yourself:
I have a tendency to start things but not finish them. I can be impatient and/or impulsive (comes from having my moon in Aries methinks). I'm a bit of a clutterbug.

Three parts of your heritage:
Lithuanian (1/2), Irish (1/4), French (1/8)

Three things that scare you:
The current federal administration, something bad happening to someone I love, an asteroid wiping out our planet (my husband gave me that particularly phobia - THANK YOU - NOT!) Okay, so maybe number three would be having to work at some stupid job like Walmart greeter or a file clerk at the county office or something BORING like that.

Three of your everyday essentials:
Coffee or tea, the internet, telling my family I love them

Three things you are wearing right now:
A long-sleeved floral tee with beads and sequins on it (Yes Deb, just like yours, I'm sure. This one is in tan and blues), black and blue sneakers with little skull and crossbones all over them and bright white laces (they're new), blue jeans with a liberal number of holes and worn spots plus a couple of white paint stains.

Three of your favorite songs:
Songs!? I have to narrow it down to SONGS? And only THREE songs!? Yeah, right. Okay, sheesh. Off the top of my head and not necessarily my three favorite songs half an hour from now.... What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong, Our Town by Iris Dement, Geronimo's Cadillac by Michael Martin Murphy. Hmmm, I must be in a sentimental mood. We were just listening to Bob Dylan. I was gonna say Popular, sung by Kristen Chenowith from the soundtrack of Wicked, but my friend Deb had that on her list so I was trying not to be a total copykat.

Three things you want in a relationship:
a sense of partnership, trust, laughter.

Two truths and a lie:
I like to play card games
I like to play video games
I like to play board games

Three things you can'ít live without:
Books, my family, nature

Three places you want to go on vacation:
England, Thailand, the rest of the US I haven't seen yet (basically the south and east coast)

Three things you just can't do:
Lie about something important
wear a bra every day
care about the lives of movie stars

Three kids names:
I obviously can't just list three kids without getting in really big trouble with the other two so - Joseph Peter, Samuel Paul, Joshua Wallis, Noel Neff (hey, I didn't give her that middle name!), William Sawyer. I can't tell you what Joshua or Noel would have been if they'd been the opposite gender, but I can tell you Joe would have been Jessica (Jessie for short), Sam would have been Katherine (Kate for short) and William would have been Chloe. Three names I never got a chance to use but would have liked to, Henry, Amery, and Nashua (Nash for short)

Three things you want to do before you die:
write and publish at least one novel (hopefully more), get my house all clean and organized again, see all my kids married and all my grandchildren arrive and spend lots of time with them all, live in the country again (I know, that's four)

Three celeb crushes:
I tend to have "crushes" on characters that celebrity actors play more then I do on the celebrities themselves but I guess Johnny Depp because I am really enamored of how he tackles so many different roles and makes them unique (and yes, he's hot, okay, I said it), I'll admit to having a teensy bit of a crush on Jon Stewart recently. How embarassing, but there ya go. And if you really want embarassing, I used to lay awake at night when I was 13 or 14 or so and try to choose between Captain Kirk and Spock. Now you know and can tease me unmercilessly. HAPPY!?

Three of your favorite musicians:
Loreena McKennitt, Green Day (or if I have to name the musician and not the band,Billie Joe Armstrong), and hmmmm, let's go with John Lennon or maybe Michael Stipes (R.E.M.) or Neil Young or Jerry Garcia or Tom Petty or Iris Dement or .... I give up. I refuse to answer this one. It's too hard.

Three physical things about the opposite sex that appeal to you:
Nice hair, muscular arms or legs, a sexy voice

Three of your favorite hobbies:
Reading, writing, gardening

Three things you really want to do badly right now:
Catch up on my nanowrimo word count
Finish all the quilt, sewing, knitting, and art projects I have deadlines on (or HAD deadlines on if I've already swooshed past them)
Have my house (including garage and yard) completely decluttered, clean, and repair free

Three careers you'íre considering/you'íve considered:
Writer, midwife, herbalist

Three ways that you are stereotypically a boy:
I don't really like shopping malls
I love football
I'm pretty geeky

Three ways that you are stereotypically a girl:
I'm always right
I love to cook and sew and keep house
I like babies, kids, AND teenagers (I know, amazing) (and I'd like to point out that I don't think only girls like children, it's just that you asked for a "stereotypically" answer)

Three people that I would like to see post this meme:
Hmmmm, tough one. My mom. Definitely my mom. My kids (although I don't think they really read my blog). Probably Joshilyn - because I am always up for laughing - but i don't think she reads my blog either.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

Thanks for playing, Laume!

If you want to "tag" someone you don't think reads your blog you can always email them and tell them you were talking about them. :-)

PS...the t-shirt I was wearing the day I did mine was black with purple, pink, red, orange flowers, but I bet it was from the same group. The long-sleeve version of that pink/orange shirt we both have, yes?

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home