Tuesday, March 28, 2006

American Idol

Is anyone else watching this? Our family was a bit slow in getting involved. We missed the first two seasons altogether and lost interest about halfway through last year, for reasons I can't remember now. But this year all three of us are avid watchers.

So far I've mostly agreed with who's been booted out, although I think Gedeon should have made the Top 12 instead of Chicken Little.

I think the judges were right about tonight, what was with most of those song choices!? There really isn't anyone left I dislike, but I was disappointed in almost everyone's performance this week.

Here's how I stand on the remaining ten:

Ace - y'know, he's so adorable, and like everyone else, I like when he does great falsetto. But I just don't think his voice is as strong as it needs for him to be number one. However, I don't mind him sticking around just so I can look at him a little longer.

Elliott - not a hunk, but his looks are growing on me. Mostly, I love his voice. One of the best singers.

Paris - Probably the best of the female singers. I would have said Mandisa, but tonight I decided with her age, Paris is gonna go a lot farther. She's hard not to like, she's unassuming but with a bubbly personality

Katherine - I love her voice, she's beautiful, think she's had a lot of ups and downs in her performances but she's getting better each week.

Bucky - He's fun, likeable, but I just don't think his voice is strong enough.

Chris - in my top three. He's done nothing but impress me, and the judges. Tonight was the first night I wasn't thrilled with his performance. It's not that I didn't like it, I just wasn't wowed with it like I usually am. It doesn't hurt that he looks like my son Joe and Lisa thinks he's hot. Too funny. I'm most impressed actually by the fact that his voice is powerful and he knows his own style

Lisa - she's just too cute for words but I don't think her voice is strong enough.

Kelly - ah yes, as Simon says, "the minx". I do think she's got the "hot" factor going for her, but it's sort of annoying to me as a woman, that I think she works her naive-little-me-ness, although I'm sure none of the men out there could care less if it's authentic or not. Her voice is nice but sometimes she doesn't seem to have the power she needs.

Mandisa - she's been one of my favorites because that woman can sing! Plus, it's nice that she's judged on her voice and star performance and not on her waistline. Still, she lost points with me tonight by picking a song specifically aimed at the Christian music base. I agree with Simon, it was a self-indulgent decision

Taylor - I've saved the best for last. I can't help it, I just can't get enough of this guy. He's just so damn adorable. I keep forgetting that he's half my age. Simon might criticize his goofy dancing, and let's face it, it is goofy, but I still love it. (William says he dances like Papa - yes, frighteningly, it does bear a striking resemblance to my husband's dancing) Even when he has an off night or choice (I wasn't thrilled with last week's performance), I still enjoy his act. And I disagreed with the judges tonight, I thought this week's song was a great choice. But if that wasn't enough, on top of all that, I love his smoky voice and it's strong enough to go all the way.

Okay, who are your favorites?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home