Wednesday, September 13, 2006

U is for......

Urban fantasy - my favorite genre at the moment

Underworld - one of my favorite fantasy movies - see above

underdog - who doesn't love to root for the underdog

underfoot - I have so many things underfoot in my life. Kids, cats, chihuahua, boxes, hoses, toys, sports equipment....... sigh

uniforms - I'm not a big fan of uniforms. I'm too much of an individualist. Our local school district has brought up the idea again of having the local high school use uniforms. I'm so gonna fight this idea. Although I dislike uniforms simply because I'm too much of a rebel, I also have legitimate issues with the idea. Mainly that they don't solve the problems they purport to solve - like stopping kids from breaking the dress code. It also doesn't stop kids from making themselves identifiable as in or out of any particular group. It's also more expensive and makes laundry scheduling a lot more complicated. Okay, enough grumbling.

unorganized - I wish I wasn't

uppity - I'm glad I am

urban - I love the energy of urban areas. My first choice would still be the countryside, but the older I get, the more the idea of being in the heart of things appeals to me.

unusual - generally, a good thing. You know the old saying, or at least the contemporary saying - Why be normal?

unexpected - it could be bad unexpected or good unexpected. The latter is obviously the more appealing of the two, but in the bigger picture, the unexpected is probably a good way to keep us from getting complacent and boring.

universe - I think it's a pretty nice one to live in.

hmmmmmm, U. U, U, U, U......... U. Nope. Can't think of any more U words. I'm sure I'll think of one or two I've missed later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

I'm finally getting around to visit all my fav blogs again. Very nice "U" list. I just finished "Q" today. I'm a bit behind everyone.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home