Thursday, August 24, 2006

Happy Anniversary

Guess who had an anniversary today!? We did. Sixteen years. We almost missed it. I was printing out a poem to share at my writer's group tonight, double checking the date to make sure I had the write night.... er, I mean right night for the meeting....something familiar about the date.....

Oh!

I blew off the writer's group and we made reservations at a fancy restaurant that just opened up a few months ago about four miles outside of town. It was really nice. It had been a hotel/restaurant ages ago, closed for almost a decade, and recently remodeled and reopened. It reminded me of an old English pub with low ceilings, lots of wood, stone, and stucco, and dark colors. Good food and good service. A friend of William's came in about halfway through our meal, out with his older sister and her buddies. He came over and chatted with us for a bit when the sibling and friends went outside for a cigarette break between ordering and their salads. Maybe we should have just brought William with us for our anniversary dinner, eh?

William took a bunch of photos of us before we left for dinner. They came out quite nice (as in, WE looked nice in the photos) except, ALL the photos came out blurry. ARGH! I'm really unhappy, this camera seems to be getting more and more persnickety the longer I own it. I think I'm gonna have to return it. That means I have to find the box and the receipt. Great, another task to add to my to-do list. Anyway, he tried again when we returned. Twenty shots and only 3 came out unblurred. Of course by then it was dark outside, and we weren't all fresh faced and unrumpled. We were sleepy from a full meal. Notice that someone tiny decided she needed to be included in the picture.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

Happy Anniversary!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Happy Anniversary, Laume.
sorry the camera is causing you such frustration. the end picture is a nice one.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home