Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Holiday Photos #14

Some more photos from Wales - an odd assortment. If you want to see some more picturesque photos from the same part of the trip, click here - Laumes Studio.

This was a section of the sidewalk in Conwy. Who knew Lego made life size building materials!


William took a lot of photos of Welsh/English signs. We passed this particular sign frequently as we walked around the town and I have no idea what it is that's not actually allowed but it tickled my fancy. It seems to be saying "No dim'ogwbl-ing allowed - At any time!" At any time? So, like, not even evenings or weekends?!


I was trying to be artsy with this one. Not sure if it worked or not, but I do like that it's half red and half green. In the UK they like their public service containers in red - phone booths, mail boxes, even dog doo receptacles.


This is a police car. No way you could say "But Officer, I didn't SEE you!"

And if you're from the UK, and you're chuckling at me for noticing ordinary things - they're not ordinary where I live! You're welcome to come to the US and be amazed by our police cars (although most of them, unlike yours, are boring) and mail boxes if you'd like. Or whatever. You never knows what will seem different or unique to someone else if you're used to it yourself.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always notice the everyday things in other countries too! The sign is a no parking one, and the Welsh probably says "At any time" too. We like things red over here, so you can see them easily! And as for the police - well it would be nice if we didn't see them!!!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Laume said...

I actually knew that the Welsh half just meant "at any time" too, that it was the same thing written in both languages. It's just that's not the way my brain tried to read it.

But if you didn't see the police, you'd more likely get a ticket!

3:27 PM  
Blogger catsmum said...

I can't translate welsh but I love the pavement photo and immediately translated it into QUILT :]
I may have to go have a play with a rotary cutter and some cloth

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home