Wednesday, October 04, 2006

So many events, so little time to blog

Some days when I'm looking for a blogging topic, I look around my life, inside my brain, on my desk calendar, and I find nothing but tumbleweeds blowing across an empty, windswept desert. Other times I have so many topics lined up, jostling to be used immediately, that I am overwhelmed with choices. The irony is that both situations often create the same result, I end up not blogging at all. I'm currently faced with the latter problem - too many things to say - complicated by a second factor - not enough time or focus to give any of them the credit they deserve.

I'm going to try to override this confusion of "Where to start!?", by posting something, even if I don't give it justice on the first attempt. Hopefully more photos will follow (when I can get my computer photo programs greased up and running more smoothly). And hopefully more stories will follow, even if they're a bit late in the telling.

This last weekend was my daughter's wedding. It was QUITE the adventure! The theme for the weekend boiled down to "If it could go wrong, it did go wrong." And yet the motto of the story ended up being "All's well that ends well." Whew! Details later, but here's a photo: (you can click on it to enlarge)


From L to R: Handsome young William, the cutest grandmother at the party (moi!), surprisingly delectable in black husband Jeff, beautiful bride Noel, knightly groom Richard, and adorable grandson Joshua - the only one of the three grandkids we could find fast enough to include in the photo.

Now I'm off to copy edit William's first "big" report, due tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to get back to you after that's wrapped up. In the meantime, I've got a new post over at the studio as well. Later 'gator!

3 Comments:

Blogger catsmum said...

my goodness what a teeny tiny thing you are! or are the others all REALLY tall?
btw sweetness I've posted my first wordplay entry. I thought I'd be struggling for A words ...not so.

11:09 PM  
Blogger :-D eirdre said...

What a beautiful photo of the everyone! You all look incredible and I think that your "dress-buying trials" turned out worth the effort!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Laume said...

LOL - I guess I look incredibly tiny in that photo if you haven't met us. I'm 5'2" - small but not THAT small. But the hubby and son are both 6'3" and Noel is 5'9" or 5'10" I think. Richard is tall too. Hey, Joshua is shorter then me!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home