Thursday, March 22, 2007

Oh, We Got Trouble!

Right here in Susanville!
Right here in Susanville
With a capital 'T' and that rhymes with, er Another "T'
and that stands for 'Tea'


You like my nice hatchet job on The Music Man lyrics? But trouble it is. Oh woe is me - will I ever find time to clean house or make art or write witty blogs if I have a TEA ROOM in town!
Look what I found uptown today:


I am so excited! No, not excited. I'm EXCITED!!!!

First the French decor shop and now this. If I live here long enough, you think it will turn into a real hidden treasure of a town? Maybe - but probably not without the cost of traffic and high prices and all that other side of the coin. But still. I am over the moon. I hope it's nice. I hope it can stay in business. It's not even open yet and I'm all worried about it closing.

Moving on, shall we, I have to say that I was quite exhausted from all the traveling I did yesterday for the International Bloggers Tea Party. Oh, my! I must have circled the globe at least twice! And I had more fun online than I have in a long while. I still haven't managed to visit everyone who attended, but I will continue in the weeks to come until I've managed to meet each and every blogger.

I must add, however, that there was one negative to the whole thing and that is, I've discovered a whole pack of enablers. I had so much fun looking at everyone's lovelies yesterday that today I went out treasure hunting all afternoon. I did find a bunch of amazing stuff. So maybe that part isn't negative. But I have to explain all the bags and boxes to my husband. ("But dear, the bags and boxes we already have all over our house were getting lonely. They were in need of some new friends!") And never mind that I have no display space left that isn't cat endangered. That's sort of a negative. But it was FUN. AND.... AND... AND..... IT WAS FUN.

So, now that I was able to spin that one around (whew), photos will follow. First I have to clean up a lovely little present some furry creature left in the front entry. And then if that doesn't make me lose my appetite, I haven't eaten all day and that's next on the agenda. And then I have to do some, bleh, some chores. I'll be back later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Merci-Notes said...

What a beautiful building! I know the feeling..we used to have a tone of boutiques (pre-blogland and etsy, etc...) that are no lnoger there. some financial others needed more time with family. You have traveled far more than I!! my computer was out tody from exhaustion!! no, we had the cable guy over for phone service ...Thanks again for tea!
With Kindness,
Mary

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merci !!!

Hi,
happy to meet you, and many thanks for visiting my blog.
I am going to take some time to discover yours as well.
love
Violette

12:47 AM  
Blogger Nuttula said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment!

You have lovely tea pots and tea cups! I really like this tea party idea.

Best wishes nina

5:24 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

Thank you Laume for stopping by my blog. I loved your blog and collection of teapots. I am jealous you are going to have a tearoom in town!! There isn't any around here but one day...(in my next life maybe) I want to have one of my own. :o)

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home