Saturday, April 28, 2007

Either/Or Meme

I haven't done a meme in a while and this one looked fast and fun.

james brown or marvin gaye? Hmmm, not sure I care enough to pick either of them. Slight preference for James Brown I guess.

chinese or indian takeout? Chinese is my only choice here. I love Indian too. But honestly, I'd order Thai instead. Alas, we don't have that here either, except a couple of curry options at a local Chinese take-out.

fleece or knitted blanket? Fleece. Even though I'm a natural fiber snob, I have an inordinate number of fleece blankets (if buying two and a half yards of fleece fabric at the store and straightening off the edges counts as as a blanket). They are truly warm in the winter and are easy peasy to wash frequently. Cat hair issues, y'know. Too, a knitted blanket is prone to getting caught by teen belt buckles and pet nails. I have some really gorgeous woven knits though.

girls with makeup or without? Less is more. I don't usually wear make up but I don't mind it on others as long as it only accents their unique and natural beauty instead of trying to cover it up or change it. The only place I think heavy make up belongs is in the stage.

costco or whole foods? By whole foods I assume you mean a natural food store? Because we don't have any chains called Whole Foods near us. I used to do a lot of Costco - with a family of seven - duh! But now I'd definitely rather shop at a large whole food store. Our nearest is a Wild Oats and a Trader Joes.

wildflowers or arrangements? Wildflowers.

tradition or shakeups? Hmmmm. I like some traditional things but I suspect shake up, whether it's clothing, gardens, or decor, would probably sing more to my artist's soul.

cello or trumpet? Cello.

watch-wearing or no? I have two or three of them but I never remember to wear them. I tried for awhile but now I have a cell phone so who needs a watch.

salt water or fresh (for swimming)? I prefer wading in salt water. Swimming in fresh or a pool, so that would be chlorinated water.

pants or shorts? I assume you mean for summer. Because in the mountains in winter, shorts? Only if you're my teenager. I am in shorts most of the summer and I wear them pretty short for my age since anything with any length make me look chopped off at the ankles because I'm so short. I think I still have pretty acceptable legs for someone my age, but I have to admit this is the first summer I've wondered if they might be better off in capris or long skirts.

chatspeak or absolutely NOT? Hardly ever - just a few of the more common ones like LOL.

digital camera or old-school? I HEART digital!!! Totally would grieve if I had to go back to film.

wireless or plugged in? Same thing as the last question - laptop has made my life so different it would be hard to go back. The only thing about my laptop that was a sacrifice is I don't get the same quality of images and it's hard to see the screen at all outside. So much for sitting in the hammock with my laptop. But no matter, hammocks go better with books anyway.

waltz or tango? I only know how to waltz in the broadest sense of the word "know", and I don't know how to tango at all. But tango seems like it has so much more energy and fun in it - so tango.

brian williams or anderson cooper? Jon Stewart.

time or newsweek? I don't read either but I guess I keep track of who's on the cover of Time at the market. Does that count as having an opinion?

waterbed or mattress? Mattress.

cream and sugar or not? Yes please to cream and sugar (or milk and sugar or soy milk and sugar, I'm not picky) in both my coffee and my hot tea. Iced tea I can take with or without sugar. Herb teas I usually take without anything extra.

CNN or BBC News? BBC

iTunes or something else? iTunes I guess. We have it and use it a lot to listen to things to see if we want to purchase them. Sometimes we download from iTunes and sometimes we wait and buy them at a store so we can have the art and lyrics of the CD case.

scented candles or unscented? Either, as long as it's not an overpowering and fake scent. My favorite is unscented candles made with real beeswax - they smell wonderful.

prairie or mountain? I'd pick agricultural, beach, forest, and even urban before I'd pick prairie or mountains. So, hmmmm. Ironicially I live in between the the mountains and chaparral (high prairie in a way) depending on whether I look to the east or west of my house. I guess mountains. Maybe. I like big sky too.

socks or barefoot? Barefoot, if those were my only choices. Otherwise shoes or flipflops.

matt damon or ben affleck? If we're talking about looks, Ben appeals to me more then Matt. As actors, I like them both. Preferable together. Like in Dogma.

brass or pewter? Brass.

wool or cotton? Cotton. I just use more of it year round. But I like wool too.

willow tree or pine? Willow. I love willow trees and the environments I'm most likely to find one in.

gerald ford or jimmy carter? Jimmy - my favorite prez

france or italy? France. I should probably go travel extensively in both countries so I can make a more informed decision. But if I had to choose, I'd go back to France. I'm totally enamored of all things French since going to Paris last year.

electric or gas stove? Gas. I hate cooking on electric.

thrift store or outlet? Thrift stores are much more fun. And unless we're talking honest-to-goodness REAL outlets (usually found in odd warehouses or inner cities) what people call outlets nowadays are just malls designed to make people THINK they're getting a bargain. I don't have much luck saving money at outlets.

japanese garden or english garden? English. But I like both.

sophia loren or liz taylor? Sophia I guess. If I were to pick an older actress as a role model, I'd think of Anjelica Huston or Katherine Hepburn or Angela Lansbury or Dianne Wiest or Helen Murrin....

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

I like it when you snag memes because it's fun to read your answers. :-)

9:43 PM  
Blogger FrenchGardenHouse said...

This is a meme I did, too. I loved reading your answers! Thanks.:)
Lidy

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home