Saturday, April 21, 2007

New Blogger's Shower!

The family joke is that my son Joe married his mother because his wife Lisa and I are like two peas in a pod. Albeit she's a fresh young pea and I'm sort of a wrinkled middle aged pea. But we have a lot in common. We both love kids and make beautiful babies. We both quilt. We both love camping and nature. And shopping. And the beach. We both have no qualms about breaking into dance or song in public places. We both love gabbing late into the night. And lots of other things and of course most of all we both adore my lovable (if stubborn and sometimes irritating) son. We also have our differences of course, so that along with being buddies in many crimes, we also learn new bad habits and misadventures from each other.



But now we share something else in common. We're both bloggers!


So I've decided to throw her a New Blogger's Shower to start off her blogging adventures.

Please stop by (link at the bottom of this post) and in her comments leave her the gift of some blogging tip or advice. Or just a big hello. Or... well, I know all you creative people will think of something.

I'll let Lisa decorate. She's better at that sort of thing than I am. Or at least she's younger and has more energy for it. But I'll bring the refreshments.

Imagine I've slaved all day in the kitchen (Hey! Stop laughing! There was a time, long ago, when that woulda really happened!) and before you are: Tiny cucumber and hummus sandwiches. Homemade mango salsa with fresh, hot tortilla chips. A big tossed salad decorated with edible flowers. An old fashioned potato salad spiced up with sweet 'n spicy mustard. A huge plate full of crudités surrounding a homemade bowl of Tahini flavored dip. A basket of assorted whole grain breads and rolls with a plate of brie and spicy Sonoma Jack cheese accompanying it. A bowl full of fresh ripe strawberries with a fondue pot of dark, melted chocolate. (Please remember to use the skewers, don't want any burnt fingers.) Hot tea, cold tea, herbal tea and black teas. Big pots of good coffee both decaf and regular. An oversized bucket full of sodas. And several nice wines. Last but not least, a beautiful cake that I special ordered. Isn't it pretty decorated with iced yellow and pink roses around the edges and the words "Happy Posting Lisa" on the top!

And best of all, there will, of course, be lots of public singing and dancing! Meet you over there at her blog, Creative Slave.

4 Comments:

Blogger Blame It on Paris said...

Okay, I am bringing my macarons to the party, then. We Southerners, we always have to bring something.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow mom, you really got indepth on that food assortment. and thanx for the lovable yet irritating or whatever you said statement I love you too (rolls eyes)

8:27 PM  
Blogger catsmum said...

well you've got the food covered so well I'll just rock on over there and say HI

9:12 PM  
Blogger Jaye said...

I am bringing some wheat-free reats so those of us without the wheat gene can enjoy the party, too!. What a lovely assortment of food. I am coming if you have a real party!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home