Wednesday, November 21, 2007

An Ent on the Move?

This must be the season for oversized posts. Yesterday's post was about a giant turkey. Today's post is about a giant tree. Late afternoon yesterday hubby and I saw this headed down Main Street. Keep in mind, those two big trucks in the photo are closer to the camera than the semi and tree.



Look how big the tree is next to the streetlight and the two story buildings!



This is one BIG 'OL TREE!!!!

It turned here down a main side road instead of staying on the main highway. We followed it all the way to where we turn off home, wondering where it was headed. Maybe it was avoiding Main Street because it took up two lanes and it would rejoin the highway when the side road hooked back up with it outside of town? There's no businesses or homes out that way big enough for this monster. I bet it's headed down to Sacramento to be the state capitol tree. I mean, who else would want a live Christmas tree this large!?

Hubby suggested it could be headed to Carson City, the Nevada state capitol, but wouldn't they want to find a tree from their own Nevada forests? It's a possibility though. Who else could want a tree.....we're not delivering a tree to Rockefeller Center this year, are we?

I'm just glad I'm not in charge of setting it up. Can you imagine trying to get it straight? "No honey, keep holding it.... now an inch that way.... I mean to the left.... your left..... no that's too much..... now a squinch to the right...... dang, now it's leaning towards me....." And then putting on all those lights!? Someone get me a chair, I feel faint.

I wonder where it's going?

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

I'm hoping that tree is to be decorated "outside"..who would have a house big enough for that?!? Imagine trying to decorate it...I have enough trouble with the size of the one we get!!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a tree! I love the title of the post, too by the way. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and thanks for stopping by my blog.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Jo Anne O. said...

Amazing tree...wonder how old it was? I wonder if it is heading to the White House?

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home