Thursday, November 29, 2007

Some Folks Have Decorated

Not me. But some folks.

Hubby and I have a weekly date at the local tea room. Today we arrived to discover the place had been turned into a winter wonderland. I would have taken more photos of all the decorations but they were busy when we arrived and I didn't want to disturb other customers. Later I forgot to take any photos after the crowd had thinned.


Along with the new decorations, they had new holiday menu items. We were treated to a "taste test" for their new peppermint white chocolate scones. I'm totally bummed that I didn't think to take a photo of them. Not only were they scrumptiously delicious, they were deliciously beautiful, all fluffy white with flecks of red peppermint flakes and plump white chocolate chips and topped with pink peppermint whipped cream (which started to melt because the scones were FRESH HOT out of the oven.) It seems like a sweet (ha! pun!) thing to do, to treat their best customers to a free treat - until you realize that it's only a tricky way to ensure I will be anxiously counting the days until I can return and eat MORE delectable goodies.

Here's one of their friendly employees, setting up another table. Doesn't it look festive!


And if that's not enough pampering, they surprised us by specially tweaking our order so that it included all my favorites. We were so spoiled today!

2 Comments:

Blogger Belita Rose said...

AHHHHHHH I CAN'T WAIT, I CAN'T WAIT, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Scarlett said...

Oh, that sounds so pleasant. I love the gate entrance guarded by the toy soldiers!

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home