Monday, November 26, 2007

Wizard's Chess?

Nah, just plain ol' muggle's chess. Sam came home for a nice long visit over the Thanksgiving holiday. On a visit to Starbuck's, William and Sam thought they'd play a game.

As you can see, Sam had to play one handed, giving William a slight advantage.

Here's William giving serious thought to his next move. They kept trying to distract each other with clever banter. Such as "I'm setting up another move here. Not sure which move that would be, but I'm setting it up." OR "I've got a plan. You can't see it, but I've got a plan."

Apparently their plan was to PROTECT THOSE PAWNS at any cost! I've never seen this strategy work well for anyone before but then, what do I know, I'm not a very good chess player.

"Hmmmm, I didn't see that one coming."

As you can see here, William has really pushed his advantage. He has considerably more pawns left.


But Sam's not out of the game yet. He's got the wisdom of greater age on his side. Yep, he's really turned it around. He's been pounding away at those white pawns until it's now rook against knight. After chasing each other around the board for a while longer, unbelievably....

....it's a draw.

White king and black king bow to each other and agree to each go home and eat a lot of turkey and stuffing and gravy and other good stuff..... knowing they'll return to fight another day.

Meanwhile, over on Laume's Studio I've put up some holiday window shopping photos.

1 Comments:

Blogger Belita Rose said...

Now I miss being there. Only a few more weeks though!! Oh hey I have a new doll and colors on my blog!! Love you!!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home