Monday, September 22, 2008

Autumn Equinox

I like the sharp contrast and balance between light and dark in this photo. It seemed to fit the day.

I hope everyone had a merry Mabon, whether you celebrated it, reflected on it, or just paused for a moment to acknowledge the passing from summer to autumn. I was busy today, in a good way, but I wish I'd felt a bit more balanced on this "balanced" day. This evening I felt a bit harried, flustered. (Honestly, I think it was a lot about hormones - this too shall pass.)

This was a long, hot summer and I'm relieved to be moving into the crisp fall season. To me, autumn always feels a bit like coming back home each year. I'm looking forward to this year's visit. We've got a lot to do during our time together, me and autumn - play in the leaves, drink cup after cup of hot tea, visit the pumpkin patch, do some cleaning and some harvesting, enjoy some noisy football games and some quiet reflective walks.

What are you looking forward to in this new season?

1 Comments:

Blogger Priscilla said...

Hi, I love the way you describe autumn as coming home at the end of the year... I enjoy myself more in general in autumn, I feel 'at home'....and inspired. I did decorate on the first day of autumn, and did a good clean of house! ha,ha

Priscilla x

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home