Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pumpkin Picking and a Maize Maze

No kids, no teens, no grandchildren, not even a chihuahua went to the pumpkin patch with us this year. Just Hubby and moi.

IMG_9545 by you.

First on the agenda - stocking up on pantry items. So many things to choose from!

IMG_9570 by you.

Decorative gourds - not for eating. And I have a few of these at home.... somewhere.


IMG_9569 by you.

These were hard decorative pumpkins too, but pretty with the gold and orange. I bought one.


IMG_9565 by you.

I also bought a turban, and a white acorn squash. Didn't buy any of those pretty hubbards as I have two from my own garden this year. I love those giant "Cinderella" pumpkins on the ground but I passed them up for one of those French warty ones. I can save the seeds to grow more next year.

Next on the to-do list - find our jack-o-lantern pumpkins.

IMG_9555 by you.

Acres and acres to wander in search of the perfect orange orb.


IMG_9559 by you.

I did the hard work of posing. We picked that extra tall pumpkin on the right for extra tall William, the other tall pumpkin on the left is Hubby's, the cute round pumpkin in the middle is mine. I prefer the classic Jack shape.


IMG_9563 by you.

Hubby did the hard work of getting the pumpkins back to the car.

Next -

IMG_9577 by you.

The corn maze. Hmmmm, the corn grew really tall this year. But still, how daunting can it be?


IMG_9640 by you.

It's not like there's zombies in there or anyth.... uhm. Gulp.


IMG_9580 by you.

And if we go in, can we find our way out? Hubby found the IN.


IMG_9586 by you.

At least the paths are well marked.


IMG_9589 by you.

He was trying to be a spooky monster "hiding" in in the corn. I'm not real sure he pulled this one off.


IMG_9587 by you.

It's getting a bit thicker deep in the middle. What was that sound!? Did I see something move?!!


IMG_9593 by you.

Oh, hehe, it was just a bird.

At least 40 minutes later.......


IMG_9631 by you.

I think I see civilization of some kind, maybe we'll get out of here before the sun sets after all!


IMG_9610 by you.
"Follow me."

Did I hear someone?


IMG_9634 by you.

Yay! I found the END! All by myself. Well, maybe with a little help from a feathered friend or two.


IMG_9620 by you.

Got crows?


IMG_9641 by you.

Got tractors?


IMG_9647 by you.

It's so pretty out here, it's hard to leave. One more task - prowl the gift shop. Yes, I bought a few things, I'll have to post about them another day.


IMG_9548 by you.

Time to load up the car and take our bounty home. Bye!

9 Comments:

Blogger Connie Carpenter Macko said...

excellent shot of the Zombies - they are so hard to capture what with normally needing to run from them while the scream BRAINS at you and all!

(I'm enjoying "post spooky" this year even if I didn't get to participate!)

3:42 AM  
Blogger * elizabeth * said...

That sounds like a perfect fall afternoon! And it looks liek you had the place to yourself!

5:41 AM  
Blogger Belita Rose said...

It looks like they had a much better crop this year! We're headed to another pumpkin patch ourselves today!

8:33 AM  
Blogger mermaiden said...

i'm jealous of the beautiful pumpkin patch! the nearest lovely one for me, is a far drive. gotta get there, though :D

9:22 AM  
Blogger shari said...

love that tall pumpkin and the zombie shadows... what a lovely fall activity! thanks for sharing.

12:12 PM  
Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

your pictures are wonderful!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is the fall I am missing! Spectacular photos, what a great day...

I needed this...thanks!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a cool post. Love the tree with all of the crows and the pumpkin fence.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello.
~Tammy

5:23 PM  
Blogger Jennifer MacNeill said...

Gorgeous photos! Love the one with you and the wagon. The crows are great too!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home