Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Self-Portrait Tuesday

I've been seeing Self-Portrait Tuesday on other blogs and decided to have a go at it myself. Of course, being of very debatable sound mind, I decided to start this month, when February's theme is - "all of me" embrace your mistakes, love the ugly bits. Yeah, that was REAL smart Laume!

This is really hard. Deep breath. A lot harder then I thought it would be. Another deep breath. Okay, let's just get this over with...

I wasn't trying to cheat by making it a small picture. I had to scan this in from a small picture, so it's the best I could do without it getting grainy. I think you can click on it and get a bigger image.


Here I am, posing with my favorite vamp, Spike. Okay, not THE Spike. Just a cardboard cut out of him. But when I saw it at our local county fair last summer, I couldn't resist the opportunity. And even though I have kept the picture, I regretted having had it taken from the moment the instant film image swam into definition.

ARGH! I mean, look at me! I am soooo not vampire bait! Look at Spike's high cheekbones and then look at my imitation of a chipmunk with cheeks full of nuts. Don't miss my wrinkly thighs, flabby arms, and absence of a waist. Not to mention the middle-aged-mom wardrobe. Spike - black leather, moody and hot. Me - would you like to buy some Tupperware? This is definitely not the look of a tasty bite.

In my head, I'm still twenty years old and, if not sexy, at least girl-next-door cute. The lens, however, tells the hard truth. I'm not Buffy, or Willow, or Cordelia. At best, I'm Joyce. Nah, I'm not even Joyce. At least she was tall and thin enough to get Giles. Granted, they were under some sort of spell at the time but....

Let's just get to the point here - I'm no longer twenty.

Now I'm gonna go have a glass of wine and try to forget this whole embarrassing moment.


2 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

Damn, Laume, you DID pick a rough month to start SPT. But you did a cool first entry.

Love the Spike cutout. Sigh.

Are you really 20 in your head? I'm younger than my real age in my head, but I haven't been 20 for a long time, even there. For a long time I said my inner age was 27, but it went up a while back. These days I'd put my inner age at around 33 or so.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

i'm usually 22 in my head - that was an extremely excellent birthday and a fun year. it's an odd thing when i get reminded by little things that i'm 35.

and yep, like deb said, you DID pick a rough month to start - but good on ya! and your thighs don't look wrinkly to me! just so's ya know :)

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home