Saturday, November 11, 2006

An Odd Question MeMe

I'm feeling too lazy to go find my Wordplay notebook, and too lazy to upload pics, and even too lazy to think from scratch, so I'm gonna steal this MeMe that Deb did over at Red Shoe Ramblings a bit ago.

Someone knocks on your door at 2am, who do you want it to be?
A knock on the door at 2 am would make me nervous, even in our topsy turvy time lifestyle. It would probably be one of William's friends or perhaps Jeff home early and not wanting to find his key. But if it could be anyone I wanted it to be - well, hell, let's go totally fantasy. Johnny Depp. Joss Whedon. J.K. Rowling. Someone fascinating to spend a night in conversation with - put on the coffee!

Your boss tells you he/she will give you a $20 raise if you'll do your job naked. Do you stay and take the raise?
Since I'm my own boss, it would mean walking around my own house naked. Of course it also means I'd be paying myself. And cats jumping on my lap - claws plus skin. Doesn't sound worth it.

Put yourself in a nutshell.
Why? If I did, it would have to be a rather large one - maybe a coconut.

Ever see a ghost?
I'm not sure if it was a ghost or a nature spirit or...what it was. Twice. Like Deb said, I've felt them around me from time to time though.

Happy with your body?
I'm not unhappy with it, all things considered. There are things I wouldn't mind changing, but not enough to actually do surgery or anything. If someone could wave a wand and *Poof* - new skin tone, or something like that then, well heck ya.

A reason to move to Iceland.
None that I can think of, and I wouldn't want to be so far away from my family, but if there was a reason, why not.

A place you've lived that you miss.
A little bit of almost every place I've ever lived. Obviously some a lot more then others.

A job you'd never do, no matter how much you were paid.
A hit man.

A band/group you thought was cool when you were 13.
I was only just getting the idea of contemporary music when I was 13. That might have been around the time my folks bought me a record player. Yes, RECORD player. The first records I owned, my father bought me. Neil Diamond Tap Root Manuscript. The Fifth Dimension - Age of Aquarius. Gawd, I'm old.

You have a nightmare, who's the first person you think to call?
I wouldn't call anyone. I might get up and read or something.

Wanna have kids before you're 30?
I did. Several.

A memory from high school.
Having a friend's boyfriend come up to me in the hallway and give me a hug. On reflex, I had my own boyfriend, I gave him a kiss on his neck. How embarrassing. I have a lot of memories of high school, but that was the first one that bubbled up to the surface.

Ever had a crush on a friend's parent?
Not that I can remember. I had crushes on teachers on occasion.

Do you look more like your mom or dad?
I've always said I look more like my dad, or rather, my dad's side of the family. And yet, I have an old photograph of my maternal grandmother and it's eerily like looking into my own face. The older I get the more I think I am starting to look like my mother.

Something you've always wanted to learn to do.
Well, here's the thing. I know for some people, learning to do something is the fun part. My son Sam is like that. For me, I like the part where I already know how to do something. But if we could list something I've always wanted to know how to do - meditate, speak a foreign language (or two or five), create my own website (I'm not sure if the length of time the computer has been in my life would qualify for "always"), learn different dances, how to talk to ghosts, snowboard..... there are a lot of other things but they're more accurately "things I'd like to know how to do better".

How you'd like your life to be in 10 years.
I think I'll just keep Deb's answer - it pretty much covers all the important parts: I'd like all the people I love to still be here and healthy, and I'd like for us all to be happy with ourselves and our lives. If all that is true, then the details of it all don't matter that much to me.

Something you learned this year.
How to find my way around a subway system.

What do you want for your birthday?
Nothing specific. I'm not like a little kid for which the world will be perfect if only they get that one perfect gift. Like a Red Rider B B Gun or whatever it was the main character wanted in A Christmas Story. Things I can really just go out and buy if I really want them badly enough. What will really make me happy is just to have all my family remember to call me and wish me a happy birthday. Not have to cook. Do something I enjoy or just relax.

Name 4 things you did yesterday.
Made a bunch of phone calls.
Visited the new Walgreens in town on their first day open for business.
Went out to dinner with my hubby.
Put Rosie's dog fences back together (we'd been using half of it inside to keep the grandkids away from the woodstove)

Last item you bought yourself?
I bought some things for other people today but, for myself? Hmmm..... I guess a Starbucks coffee a couple of days ago.

What did you have for breakfast?
A cup of coffee and some Organic Frosted Mini-Wheats with regular milk instead of soy milk because I still have half of a gallon left from Noel's visit and no one else will drink it.

Name a celeb you crush on.
Oh, they come and go. My newest crush - David Tennant aka Doctor Who.

Name the last 3 songs you heard.
The soundtrack from Donnie Darko. It was on a commercial. Who sings that song anyway? I've always really liked it. Uhm.... the radio was on when we went out to dinner, but I can't remember what songs we heard. Right now there's an infomercial about Loretta Lynn on the television and there was a clip of her singing in the background. Oh, and we watched Men in Trees tonight and Jewel was on it and she had a scene where she sang, but I don't know the name of the song. Man, I'm really batting zero on this question. Ah! Now they're playing "Coalminer's Daughter"! Yah, a song I know the title of!

How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
Six to nine hours.

What do you wish you were doing right now?
writing my Nano novel - zipping through, word count soaring, ideas tumbling out as fast as I could type them. I could come up with something more fantastical - off on some amazing vacation perhaps. But really, I'd be thrilled just to break my writer's block.

Who's the first person in your phone book on your cell?
William's friend Brandon

Last time you witnessed a fight?
A physical fight? Good grief, I can't remember. A verbal fight? Oh, probably a few months ago my hubby and I probably yelled at each other, slammed a door or two.

Name 3 places you'd like to travel to.
Thailand or Bali, back to the UK, Greece

Do you know how to ice skate?
Yes, I do. I used to be quite good at it - skate backwards, twirl a bit. Now I'm lucky stay upright.

Name something you like that's out of the ordinary.
I suppose it depends on what you consider ordinary. I like things like cemeteries and skulls and stuff like that. There are a lot of people who like odd things like that, but to another crowd that would be out of the ordinary. I like old fashioned vegetables that a lot of people say "blech" to eating. Ditto for tofu.

Is bigger really better?
It depends on what it is. Bigger sections of the world living in peace - bigger is better. A pile of dishes to wash - smaller is better. And even something like a delicious plate of your favorite food - bigger seems better but truly, you can only eat so much before you start to feel sick.

What do you think of Brad Pitt?
I guess he's handsome but he's never done it for me.

What color are your toenails.
natural - toenail colored.

Do you own anything with a skull on it?
Lots of things!

Traveled to Europe?
Aren't I the lucky one. Yep. For the first time this last spring.

Last movie you watched?
On television I watched Uptown Girls with Noel when she was here. We both thought it was going to be an amusing but cliched comedy. It turned out to be very sweet sad. Before that.... I've watched television but not a lot of movies lately. Oh, a few weeks ago we rented Prairie Home Companion. And before that I think I saw The Libertine and before that V for Vendetta.

Where were you when you had your first kiss?
In a car with a guy that I definitely didn't consider myself out on a date with. He didn't have kissing privileges and sort of sprang it on me before I could react. I washed my mouth out when I got home. Ewwww. Fortunately I kissed a very nice guy soon afterwards and figured out why folks found it such a worthwhile activity.

Last board game you played?
I don't remember - Taboo? Scattergories?

Leather or lace?
I'm not really drawn to either. Velvet? Angora? Nubby linen?

Ever had a black eye?
Uhm, I can't remember. I can remember a bruised forehead and bruised cheek but I'm not sure about an eye.

Have you ever worn fishnet stockings?
Oh probably, back when it was in style. That would have been when I was in junior high school, so almost 30 years ago.

Whew. Done. What an odd MeMe indeed!

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

It was fun to read your answers, Laume.

2:22 PM  
Blogger catsmum said...

oh I am SO with you on David Tennant. Have you seen him in Casanova? or the BBC series Blackpool? Worth searching for on DVD !! :]
How's the novel coming along?

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home