Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fairies

One of my favorite haunts when I used to live down in San Diego county was a place called Summers Past Farms. I won't go on about it in detail, you can go to their website and see all the multi-faceted events and shops they have there.

What I will point out is that I've introduced my daughter-in-law Lisa to the place and she loves it as much as I do, so we made a point of spending an afternoon there while I was down in San Diego last month. We wandered through the shops and gardens. We relaxed in the outdoor coffee bar area sipping multiple mango ice teas. We chatted with the owners - nice people - and I discovered that they were originally from up here in Lassen County! Small world!

And we took lots of photos. I'm sharing just a few of the fairy photos. (Remember you can click on the photos to enlarge them and see more details.)

All over the gardens tiny fairy vignettes are nestled in baskets, wheelbarrows, or hidden corners. Here's a little fairy enjoying her own tiny courtyard, complete with a tiny fountain.

This tall blue fairy sculpture is a relatively new addition. I mean, it wasn't there when we visited a year or so ago. Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about her. She's a streamlined, silvery blue fairy with a sort of punk Jetson outfit and hairdo and I'm not sure if she fits the more whimsical,earthy style of the garden.

I caught this fairy dancing.

And more dancing! Fairies sure love to dance!

This one isn't dancing, she's doing something outside her tiny cottage. I think she might be trying to mend, or perhaps clear away the cobweb that's fallen across her entryway.

And here's the cutest of them all - a drooling baby fairy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the drooling baby fairy!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

Oooh. Ahhhh. One more thing to like about San Diego county!

The tall blue fairy reminds me of a hood ornament. The drooling baby fairy is incredibly sweet. Does she ever have a bad day? It's hard to imagine from these photos.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

maybe when we're in escondido this summer we can go there.

again, the joli fairy is just delightful! yeah, i'm not so sure about that blue fairy either. interesting though.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home