Friday, August 03, 2007

Mostly Pigs and Grandkids


I spent several days last week visiting my daughter and grandkids. One evening we spent walking around downtown Seattle in or near Pikes Market. All the times I've been to Seattle, I've never been to the market. We had a lot of fun. They were having an Art Pig contest and the kids really got into looking for more pigs. Well, after I got the ball rolling. This was the first pig we came across. As you can see, Joshua looks a little confused.

Uhm, one more time, why is Grammy making me stand by this pig?

As you can see, my own children are far better trained. (by moi!) Hey Noel, go kiss that pig! Our family is not afraid of doing odd things in public. I mean, how boring to simply walk down a street in the ordinary fashion.

Here it is! The mermaid with nipples! It's the original logo that is still displayed at the very first Starbucks Coffee House! I admit it, I've wanted to visit it for years. I'm such a tourist. The store itself is really nothing much, no place to sit really. More of a coffee bar. Probably because they get such a lot of in and out traffic. I bought Jeff a travel mug with the logo and some Pike Market blend coffee.

A fairy pig?

Nonny thought this jogging pig was super. Notice the "iPig" strapped to it's leg. Joshua was more interested in his Frappuccino at this point.

Just a cute pic of Nonny escaping up a flight of stairs that went up into some sort of ethnic restaurant - can't remember what exactly now except that it looked good. Mostly she was strapped in the stroller because the minute her feet hit the ground, she was off and running.

I liked this pig. Er, salmon. Her Salpig? Pigmom? Swinemon? Samhog? Okay, nevermind.

How cool is this! Made me wish I had Rosie with me. It was closed at the time though.

They were still making this guy. I took this pic with a telephoto. The workshop was closed to the public, at least when we passed by as it was getting late. I would have liked a closer look.

This guy was called Knob Pig. Am I missing some play on words here? Or inside joke? Joshua wanted to know what the knobs were, I told him they were piercings, like his mama's. Hehe.

Last pig of the day. While Nonny was getting a diaper changed before heading back to the car, the boys settled down for a bit of reading from the free periodical bins on the street corner.

More Seattle pics to come....

4 Comments:

Blogger Miss Elena said...

PIGS PIGS PIGS!

I'm glad that nonny is better.
I hope that she stays that way.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

Oh! Oh! Art pigs? I want to go!!!!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Kirsty said...

I think the fairy pig was "when pigs fly" myself...my first thought!

And was so glad to see a happy, active, smiling Nonny on the steps!

Such wonderful grandkids, and daughter...good girl Noel, kissin' that pretty piggie!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Blame It on Paris said...

Great pigs! Great grandkids, too.

I love especially the iPig.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home