Monday, October 08, 2007

Plugging Away, Progress Noticed, Panic Level Moderate

I'm running out of time to get the house back in some semblance of order before an active baby arrives (9 days and counting down) so I'm working on some extra adrenalin the last couple of days. Which is good. I need a deadline to get through the boring parts. Which, once I get myself going, aren't all tht boring really. I don't think I'm terrible allergic to work ("WORK! " - Maynard G. Krebs) I'm just not a fan of the uphill push of getting going. It's all the interuptions and then the need for that uphill push again - even if it's just getting back up out of a chair or getting my brain focused back on the task.

So, 9 days. Shorter, really, if you take away one full day for an out of town football game this week and a half day for next week's snack bar duty and a home game. Maybe I need to ratchet up the panic level a bit so I've got more juice available.

A few distractions today but for a good chunk of the day I was busy. My sore finger feels a bit better (except for bumping it and splitting it back open this evening). Speaking of distractions, there's a guy on the television talking into a microwave. A cooking show. Don't know what he's cooking because I have the sound off (can't remember why I turned the sound off - I think because hubby was yelling for me from the other room and I couldn't hear him) but he's melting something. Since the camera view looks like the viewer is INSIDE the microwave, I'm picturing a little camera painter guy, like The Tourist's camera in The Color of Magic. Oh, now he's shutting the microwave door on me and pushing a button.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! You cursed brat!

Look what you've done!! I'm melting, melting

Ohhhhh, what a world, what a world.

Who would have thought that some silly cooking show like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!

OHHHHHHH!!! NO!!! I'm going...ohhhhhhh..ohhhhhhhhhhhhh...."


Okay, back to ....what were we talking about? Hmmmm. Looks like nothing much really. Just saying I got stuff done today, blah, blah, blah, television show, blah, blah, melting, blah, blah, blurble, blurg...... Apparently it's time to call it a night. But, before I do, a bit of Halloween for your viewing pleasure. Here are a couple of pages from one of the old library books I bought at the book sale last week.

Ain't it the truth - It's always the mom.... er, witch, doing all the work. Here she is picking apples while everyone else in the photo seems to be just playing around.


I thought it was just me, thinking those wheels look like doughnuts, but then look at the text - the word "doughnuts". I'll have to go back and read the entire page and see what doughnuts have to do with Halloween. Candy, apples, pumpkins, cider, even turnips. But doughnuts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home