Friday, December 28, 2007

Some More HoLiDaZe PhOtoS


When all the grandkids arrived, I tried to get a shot of them altogether. From L to R: Joshua, Garrett, Noel holding Anastasia, Lisa holding Joli. As you can see, there's always one in every crowd. Nonny wasn't up for a group shot. I love how Joli is staring, probably thinking "What is WRONG with you girl!" (of course Joli had her moments as well)

A few days later it was Nonny's turn to stare at Joli as if to say "What are you doing with that bowl!"

It was fun to dress up the kids for the Christmas Eve unwrapping of gifts bacchanalia. Doesn't Joli look adorable in this black velvet drop skirt and beribboned shoes!? She reminded me of one of those American Girl dolls.

Nonny looked just as adorable in pink velvet with a wisp of tulle flirting out underneath her hem. She's even sporting an elusive smile - probably because I let her sit on the table (which I'd not allowed her to climb on earlier) so she'd sit still to get her picture taken.

Even the boys cleaned up nicely with fresh, clean shirts. Here they're sporting the new wooden swords and sheaths I gave them. And I know what you're thinking, maybe even saying outloud at this very moment. What everyone said when I mentioned buying these for the kids (including one for Nonny since she'll want one eventually). "They'll hit each other with those!" I'm sure they will. I'm sure they'll get them confiscated by mom on a regular basis. But oh, what fun they'll have! The evil pleasure of being a grandmother. Hey, I lived through my kids creating swords, bows and arrows, and all manner of other noisy and pointy playthings. I think a childhood is sort of barren without a bit of good ol' heathen, politically incorrect fun. And I bought them rubber shields as well.

Some people, let's say.... my son Joe, are harder to dress up for the holidays than others.

Hubby dressed up in a new Hawaiian shirt I found for him. He spent a rather large chunk of the evening enjoying the festivities with his eyes closed. Rosie thought that was a good plan as well. At least they didn't snore. When he wasn't snoring.. er, sleeping, he was opening a rather large collection of monkey gifts (he likes monkeys) and draping himself with them and the accompanying ribbons and then posing with a goofy grin. I might have a photo or two of that frightening scene to upload later.


One more cute grandbaby photo. This girl is all about cute hats. She wanted one of the giant candy canes decorating the maple tree and her daddy obligingly got it down for her.

If you'd like to see decorations instead of people, I've put up a few posts of my holiday decor on my studio blog.



3 Comments:

Blogger Jaye said...

Great photos.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Blame It on Paris said...

It looks as if you're having so much fun! Merry Christmas, and have lots of happy times with your family!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Corky said...

What a beautiful family!

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home