Saturday, March 01, 2008

Book Box!

I got a book order in the mail today (er, it's after midnight - so, yesterday) and I am so excited! The minute my hubby brought it in I knew what it was and it was a do-a-jig and sing-a-song worthy moment. I've gotten slightly multi-task challenged as I've aged but I had no problem whatsoever doing both those things while simultaneously ripping off the packing tape to get to my two treasures -



Last year I gobbled up Cara Black's Aimee Leduc Investigation series, each set in a different arrondissement of Paris, until I reached the most recent title, which was still in hardcover. It was about to come out in QP so I made myself wait, impatiently - and now it's here! The next hardcover has come out since then and I doubt I'll be able to wait the year or longer for that one to come out in paperback, but I'll worry about that after I get back from Paris.

The Girl Who Stopped Swimming - Cover

Cara Black might be more than enough to make me dance but, dance AND sing? That took an even more exciting new title - Joshilyn Jackson's third bestseller, The Girl Who Stopped Swimming. No, I haven't cracked the cover open yet. But if it's anywhere close to as compelling as her first two novels, it will undoubtedly be another great read! Not only do I love Joshilyn's weaving of a tale, but a character in this book is a quilt artist who's work is based on a mutual friend of both of ours, the incredibly talented Pamela Allen.

Go visit these talented women's websites. Then dash out and buy their books and art. I promise you won't be disappointed. And now, if you'll excuse me, there's a deliciously moody wind blowing outside and I can hardly wait to slide into bed under my quilts, toss aside the half read novel on my nightstand, and read The Girl Who Stopped Swimming. Maybe not the entire book in one night, but it won't be for lack of trying. Squeeeeee!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

First of all, I am putting these books on my to read list, especially the Joshilyn Jackson one. Second of all, I'm sure you have kept up with Crazy Aunt Purl and see that she recently went to Rome. She took lots of photos of people in the street to show what the fashionable people are wearing. Your little elouai looks exactly like the people in her pictures. But then, you knew that. Have fun and don't stress over dress!
Jan

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home