Friday, July 25, 2008

Nickolai Alexander Hall

Such a big grand name for such a wee sprout to grow into.



Here he is. All 7 lbs. 9 oz., born July 20 at 2:20 am, not even a half hour after mom and dad arrived at the hospital! And the reason I've been absent from the blogging world this week. I've been up in Washington smooching on my new grandson. Well, that AND my computer decided it didn't want to charge any more. Well, that, AND that, AND these three wild ones below have been keeping me exhau...entertained as well.


I've got more, cuter photos of one or two of the kids at a time, but this seems to be the only one I got of all three of the older (older compared to a newborn that is) ones together - I didn't take anywhere near as many photos as I would have liked, there just never seemed to be time. Plus it was hard to get everyone to stay in one place long enough to take a photo. It was like trying to keep beads of mercury together. (Remember doing that? Back before anyone thought to warn us it was toxic and kids shouldn't be allowed to play with the silvery stuff?) I didn't remember to take a photo of all four kids together, or the family together, at all.

As you can see, he fit nicely in my suitcase. As nice as the idea seemed for a moment, there's all those late night nursings, diaper changes, and colicky evenings to consider. Plus his big brothers were very upset at the thought of me taking him with me. (His big sister was more concerned about making him fit better in the suitcase.) So I decided it was best not to sneak him home.

I hope to see him again soon, he'll change so quickly in the months to come. I hope to see all those "big" kids again soon too. I'm home now where I'm sorry to say it's still hot and terribly smoky. Sheesh, what's left to still be burning in Northern California!? Nevermind, don't answer that. I'm just sooooooooo ready for the fires to be out and the sky to be blue again.

More grandkid photos tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Belita Rose said...

Ahhhhhhh, he's so cute!! I just want to squeeze him!!! I'm so sad that by the time I actually get to see him, he's probably not going to be so squeezable. He'll be more of a "put me down so I can learn how to crawl dammit!" :(

9:28 AM  
Blogger Connie Carpenter Macko said...

congratulations to all on the new addition!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

oooh what a cutie pie! I'm glad you got a pic of the three older ones too, they are really growing up fast. congrats to Granny-again

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home