Friday, September 26, 2008

Millions of Peaches, Peaches for Me

Every night I pick up a few more of these orange globes as they fall to the grass. I've been eating one or two a day, mostly just sliced with some plain yogurt - the peaches are so sweet - or sometimes on top of cereal or pancakes. Still, I can't keep up with them alone. Hubby and William on the other hand, haven't been able to see the entire kitchen counter being covered more and more completely every day in orange. They walk into the kitchen, look around and wander back out muttering "There's nothing to eat." *headdesk*


So tonight I used up a bunch of them in a peach crisp recipe.

And suddenly, hubby realized we had peaches in the house! I doubt William will be interested, he only likes fresh fruit, but only fresh fruit that has been sliced, put on a plate, and placed directly in front of him. Is it a guy thing? A kid thing? I might try slicing a plain peach for him tomorrow, wave it under his chin and see what happens.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

In my case it is apples, covering the counter, taking up an entire drawer in the fridge. And everyone is bugging me to buy some fruit at the store. But yes, the cutup on a plate thing works, it must be a guy thing. Guess I better make some applesauce or pies or something...

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home