Saturday, October 18, 2008

Getting Ready for a Party!!



If you'd like a little music while reading, click play before you read on!

I'm been so excited to attend Vanessa's Halloween Party. I know it's gonna be a totally awesome bash. I looked through my closet for something to wear but, well, if you knew the mess that was my closet, you wouldn't be surprised when I tell you I couldn't find anything suitable to wear. So I did something much more fun.

I went shopping for a new dress at this great little spot in the city. As you can see there were a lot of folks shopping for the holidays.


I saw this cute outfit at a fashion show but y'know, it seemed too daytime to me.


I could go with the classic little black dress. Hmmmm. Maybe. I'll keep it in mind.


This is pretty, glittery and fun but I don't know how I feel about the shaggy skirt. Hmmm. Nah.


I like the classic witch look but I'm not sure if the flying monkey embroidery is too cutesy for a witch my age. Nice though.


Now wait a minute! Look at this. Oh yeah! Who said witches have to always wear black, huh? Now this is a party dress! This is definitely it!

Oh my, look at the time. It's almost midnight! The party will soon start and I don't want to miss a single minute of it.


First some fun stockings. Don't want to take myself too seriously.


And check out these fantabulous witchy shoes I found at Ezmerelda's Bootz 'N Shoez. I put a comfort spell on them so even though they look wickedly high heeled, they're actually comfortable enough to dance in all night!


And I can't forget a little bling for the around the neck. I love my new necklace. Picked it up at the faery ball this summer. (I really did!)

It's a bit chilly here but I know as I fly south it will warm up so I think I'll forego a cloak. I'd just have to stuff it somewhere by the time I get past Bakersfield.


But I'll definitely need a hat. A witch really doesn't go anywhere without it. (Even if you can't see it. Then she's just wearing an invisible hat. Bet you didn't know that.)

I think I'm ready. Where did I put my broom? I'm always forgetting where I leaned it last.


Well, wouldn't you know it. It's in the last place I thought to look. I actually put it back where it's supposed to be for a change!


Let's see. Should I take my every day black broom? Or the shiny new confetti colored one? It's an awfully long flight. I think I'll be better off sticking with my trustworthy old friend.


Oops, I almost forgot the goodies I'm bringing. They'll slip over the front of the broom for the ride. Don't peek now.

Off I go!!!!!


There's a lot of traffic out in the skies tonight. There sure are a lot of folks going to the party. Look at this adorable little one. She's accompanying her mother and is really excited to be going to her first big holiday party.

Over Sacramento I saw a whole group of girlfriends in red dresses. I didn't realize it would be such a popular color choice. Red definitely must be the new black this year. No matter - the more the merrier!


Whew, I made it. That was really a lonnnng ride. I would have gotten here sooner but I touched down in Los Angeles at an all night Starbucks for a pumpkin spice frappucinno. Those head winds makes a girl thirsty.


Wow, the broom parking is already full! What a crowd is gathering. And not everyone is arriving by broom. I'm sure there are just as many folks coming by foot, bicycle, unicorn, hearse, griffin, and even by car! I can hardly wait to get inside. Maybe I'll just go up by the back door, it'll be faster.


"I'm sorry ma'am, this is the servant's entrance only. May I accompany you around to the front entrance?" Uhm, no thanks. I think I can find my way. Just around through the graveyard, right?

Oh, how charming. It's all lit up with that full moon up there in the sky.



Uhm. Full moon? That's strange. It's already almost half past waxing where I live. I wonder how Vanessa managed that!? Nice touch.



Here we are. I can hear laughing and music. I can hardly wait to get inside. Now, how do I open...


How nice, there's a butler opening the door. "Won't you come in." Why, what a friendly guy! I'll just find a spot to set my hat, bring my baskets back to the kitchen, and then I'm ready to mingle. I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot of old friends and meeting a lot of new ones.

******

Psssst. Over here. Yeah on the other side of the monitor screen. So, I have to let you know that in real life I'm off at my son's football game and I won't be at the party until late Saturday evening. But I'll be lingering at the party for the rest of the weekend, maybe even into the next week, to be sure to get to everyone elses little corners of the festivities. And remember, I'm Posting Spooky all month. Feel free to come back after you recover from the party for a more relaxed visit with more spooky, autumny, and Halloween posts all October long, both here on over on my studio blog, starting with October 1st in the archives and all the way through the beginning of November with Stephanie and Susanna's Dia Bloglandia celebration. I'll keep the kettle hot for tea and the pantry filled with pumpkin bars and fresh apples. I'm always up for a friend come a-knocking.

79 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next year I'd like to go shopping with you!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Knock,knock.........every nice! Teri

9:41 AM  
Blogger Lola Enchanted said...

Oh what a lovely post! Glad to meet you!!!


happy halloween!

9:51 AM  
Blogger jennlui said...

ooohhhh i love love love the dress you chose!!! such a lovely spooky post!!! hope you're having a hoot at the party!!!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Natalia said...

I *love* the outfit you chose. Hauntingly boo-tiful!

See you upon your return :)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Shell said...

What a fabulous and enchanting party. I agree witches in red dresses are quite fetching. Those shoes are to die for.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Lorie said...

Love the costume ideas!

12:32 PM  
Blogger 3rdEyeMuse said...

what a wickedly fun party post! love the outfit that you finally settled on - looks simply smashing on you!

oh ... and thanks for the head up on the Dia Bloglandia party ... it was the first I'd heard of it. :)

12:39 PM  
Blogger Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

oooh, spooky fashion!!!

I have a story for you...
♥ visit me at www.afiori.com ♥

1:01 PM  
Blogger ArtSparker said...

Those shoes should be in the Smithsonian. I like your narrative, need to check your studio blog. Thanks for stopping by mine

1:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love all your pictures and especially the witchy shoes and the moon through the trees...perfect.

Kindredly, Lynne Laura

1:26 PM  
Blogger jewelstreet said...

Great post! I love the spider necklace, and personally, I went with the witches dress with the monkey embroidery.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Costa said...

What a wonderful time I have had at your party! So many excellent fashion options.

Thanks for stopping by my party and leaving such sweet comments! I will be partying some more on Thursday and again next Sunday. If you enjoyed my party today there is more to come!

Each party has a different theme related to Halloween. On Thursday it is a Harvest Gathering and on Sunday the focus is more on art journaling.

Great to meet you!
I'll see you around blogland!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Christopher A. Klingler said...

Hi Laume!

Great post & FUN blog!

Thanks for stopping by my SpOOky little corner today!

Happy Halloween EARLY!

Chris ~ aka: SpOOky CK

2:42 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Great post! Happy Halloween!!

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your spider necklace...if only I had that when the spider sisters dropped by today, it would have been so so cool.

best,
carol

4:08 PM  
Blogger AwtemNymf said...

I'm Blog Hopping from Vanessa's "A Fanciful Twist" Party <{:O) I had fun visiting you! Loved the doll in WOOz dress!
Stop by my place too... I'm having a couple of give-aways!
Have a bootiful day!
Be Enchanted!
~A~

4:12 PM  
Blogger Carolee said...

What a wonderful post! I'm visiting via Vanessa's fabulous Halloween soiree, and have to add I wandered over to your studio blog as well - magical!

Happy Halloween!
~ Carolee

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness what a wonderful tour!!!
loved every minute of my visit:)
Thank for the celebration!!!
Have yummy pumpkin muffins if your hungry?
Everything was bootiful.

kayellen

4:43 PM  
Blogger John H said...

Thanks for visiting our blog
Hope you enjoyed your time in London.

Great pictures
we want to stay up and keep partying, but are working in the morning.

Happy Halloween. D&J

5:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Brilliant Halloween Couture, and the music was divine! Love all the witchie fashion photographs and your ghoulish ones too! Happy Halloween, Karen

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so much fun! I enjoyed your little narrative! I will definitely be back to peruse later. Yes, I love fairies! I made the fairies in the pictures. I used to live in California, but sadly, the fates have sent me to the other coast to live. It is far to cold for me...sigh.
Thanks for dropping in to my blog! Come again soon!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Terrific party post Laume! The shoes are the best! Loved the song too.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great story and pics. I had so much fun visiting your post today. I love your red dress stocking and shoes. Smile. It was all so good. happy halloween.

Hugs...jeanne

6:28 PM  
Blogger Sandra Evertson said...

Love the spiders necklace!
Happy Halloween!
Sandra

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your fashion show was very enjoyable - I love your choice of stockings and black shoes. Happy, Happy Halloween !!! and ... I will be back to your blog ...

7:03 PM  
Blogger That Crazy Ajumma said...

Good times!
I love you little story.
It was fun to read.
I could just die for that spider necklaces!
Happy Blog Party!

7:19 PM  
Blogger ittybittyandpretty said...

great little story, i prefer the colour purple this year... goes nicely with all the black and orange. thanks for visiting my party xx rosey

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just adore your dress!! And, very good thinking on that shoe comfort spell - if you get around to it, I bet all the other witches would like a peek at that one. Loved this blog - so much fun!!

I'm dropping by from Vanessa's party, hope you'll come by and have a cupcake with me!

Witchy Blessings,
Kelley

7:59 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

You do put a charming outfit together my dear! : D

And that butler looks ever so familiar!

: D

c

8:16 PM  
Blogger NyteRayn said...

I was just hanging out over at a Fanciful Twist’s party and I thought I’d check out your blog! Gorgeous stuff here!!!

9:18 PM  
Blogger gail said...

Hi,,, I just left a comment on your other blog,,, but had to stop by here too... This is so cute (oops I mean spooky) Love the black shoes! Happy Halloween..gail

11:16 PM  
Blogger Loretta said...

What a cute story; yes, I said cute! I loved your collection of photos; you have great style! Happy Halloween!

12:08 AM  
Blogger scrappin{jewlz} said...

FABULOUS finds!!

Have a happy halloween!

1:23 AM  
Blogger Fiona said...

Red is definitely a great choice fro a dress - shows off the black accessories very nicely.

2:47 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Great party!

Happy Halloween

4:30 AM  
Blogger Snap said...

Loved your Halloween celebration. You know how to shop!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Kims Art said...

Wow, this was a wonderful party! I had a blast! I think all the cemetary pics are wonderful! Happy Halloween!

6:20 AM  
Blogger nathalie bearden said...

what a cute compilation!!!!!! happy early halloween!!!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Jean Knee said...

broom parking was too funny

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic post!! I am glad I found your blog :)

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what fun! jolly Halloween!
Dianne

11:21 AM  
Blogger http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Lve the celtic flair music!!And looove shopping with you!! Let's do it one day ;) So fun!! Awesome images!! cackle cackle!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Salinda said...

Fun shopping with you. Happy Halloween!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

I so enjoyed the shopping trip and love your entire new outfit! And flying south with you was fun. I am wondering if were speeding just a little since we seemed to be passing so many of the others;)
Thanks for a great time. {and for stopping by my little party too}
Marilyn:)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Abbie said...

Oh, yes. Red is definitely the new black this season. LOVE the shoes.. although I noticed you doaned your Converse for the flight. Pratical! :)
xoxo~
Abbie
Aaahh.. for me it was a soccer game. It was brisk here Sat AM, about 30 degrees!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Traci @ The Bakery said...

Oh, I am going to do the broom collection next year....adding it to my to do list right now. I love the London pub.....would love to take my family there. Thanks for stopping by my blog....I'm still trying to make it through the hundreds of party goers....lol.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Maminka Girl - Loribeth Robare said...

What a great post! Love all those be"witching" fashions for the well dressed witch. Thanks for stopping by my party too.

Loribeth

5:46 PM  
Blogger Troop 1309 said...

Those are some awesome photos!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Amy @ Living Locurto said...

I love this post! What great witchy fashion you found.

7:05 PM  
Blogger fawndear said...

Loved your post!

So I could have definately used some of your outfit ideas for myself. Loved the witch shoes.

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what a great post!! I've been reading through lots of your older posts and I love the graveyard ones! Very, very cool - great video on this one, too! ...Donna

10:13 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

You are one cool witch, Laume! Not to mention fashionable! Thanks for the broom ride. I need to come back when you announce your swap! :)Nancy

10:47 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

You are one cool witch, Laume! Not to mention fashionable! Thanks for the broom ride. I need to come back when you announce your swap! :)Nancy

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All good witches just have to have stripy stockings and pointy shoes

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween! Loved the dresses. :o)

3:02 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

So great to stop by on my way to Vanessa's party, glad you found soemthing to wear! Love love love your shoes, wanna put a comfy spell on mine?? Thanks for stopping by my blog, glad you enjoyed the pumpkin cheesecake recipe- wait til you try them! Happy early Halloween...

3:41 AM  
Blogger Kristal said...

What a Spook-tacular party! Oh, I just LOVE Halloween!!

Thanks for visiting me & your uplifting words.

Cherri-O!

4:19 AM  
Blogger LiLi M. said...

And here I am..finally made the party too! This post cracks me up! And I love those shoes and the red dress too!

5:36 AM  
Blogger Mosaic*Queen said...

I'm glad to hear that you are reading the Twilight series. I,too, like your DIL, read all 4 very quickly. I was obsessed!! :-)
Enjoyed your party!!!

Hugs!

Michelle

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was spooooktacular!!!
I must tell you deary that you took the wrong broom home...Esmeralda is howling mad. Just a small warning.
Thank you for your visit...glad the tea was to your liking ;>

6:51 AM  
Blogger Becky Bunn said...

Great pics. I'm loving those shoes. Oh to be able to wear shoes like that again.

6:59 AM  
Blogger My Artful Heart said...

What a COOL post...love your dress choices and then your ultimate red dress pick...hauntingly beautiful!

Nice moon shot...

Thanks for partying with me :)

8:42 AM  
Blogger Altered Route said...

I finally made it!!! Sorry so late to visit...I traveled Vanessa's list from the bottom up this time. Great pictures and party!!
Happy Halloween!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Just starting now to visit the rest of the party goers from Vanessa's blog! thanks for coming by to say hi! I've got my goodies up if you want to see...

2:34 PM  
Blogger Charlene said...

LOVED YOUR PARTY! Mine will be better next year but, I appreciate that you flew over & commented on mine. I'm new to this but, will get better. Hope to visit you soon & stop back by.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Lisa Marie said...

On the Candy apple yep you can make a real one look just like that, I would you the red candy apples then get some crush white sugar to sprinkle on top the apple while the candy is still warm it should set up to look just the same, lisa

3:18 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

My heavens! There's so much here to see. After work, I'm coming back. But... those shoes!! I want them. What a great find.

Love the images here. I'm glad you joined the party!

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone named Beach Treasure is someone I just have to visit. And I sure wasn't disappointed. Your party was a blast. I had so much fun. I am a little late but that's ok. :)

4:59 PM  
Blogger Cami @ Creating Myself said...

How could anyone take themselves too seriously wearing striped stocking? ;o) Thanks for your nice comments...Happy Halloween!

Cami

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing contribution to the party!! I'm loving the Luella Bartley runway look (ORANGE TIGHTS!)- I'll wear that one!! :D
Thank you for stopping by my blog! You made it all the way to the "R's" pretty quickly! I've still got SOOO many to look through!! It's just so fun to explore all the different types of blogs :) Happy Halloween!
Have fun at the pumpkin patch with your granddaughter!

6:24 PM  
Blogger The Cowdens said...

What a fun post! I'm jealous of your broom collection... I looked at some of your other posts and your other blog and love the photography! Oh, and thanks so much for visiting my blog- your comment made my day! Take care!

~Michelle~

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I love that dress with the flying monkeys! Thanks for stopping by to visit me.

Kim

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I want to go shopping with you next year too! Happy Halloween!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

What a fun post! You must give me that spell for your high heels! I could use it at a few holiday parties!!

7:26 AM  
Blogger cinnibonbon said...

Hi. Thanks for stopping By my blog and for you lovely comments.

Yes, mee too, I'm still trying to get to everyones blog...whew...I'm tired too.

I loved your party I had a great time, I'm so glad I was dressed properly!!! But man oh man that red dress of yours ROCKED!!!
Happy Halloween

11:25 AM  
Blogger Ann-Denise Anderson said...

A little late, but I made it! I love it and Beautiful blog, Happy Halloween!
~Ann-Denise

1:12 PM  
Blogger trash talk said...

I say better late than never. What a fantastic post. Loved it. I was spellbound the whole way through. BTW, those shoes are to die for!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Wow. This was an amazing party post. Thanks for sharing all your preparations for the party. I haven't managed to make my tour of all the attendees, but you are certainly getting me excited about it.

We can't be late for Halloween, now, can we?

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home