Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Neil Gaiman - "Instructions"

I've been craving fairy tales lately. Stories full of dark woods and choices to make and adventures unplanned. I'm not sure how to explain WHY I'm craving fairy tales. I don't know why. I'm still mulling over what it means. More important than figuring it out yet, I'm trying to feed my craving.

At the moment I'm reading Mythago Wood by Robert Holdstock. It's the perfect literary appetizer to start what I hope is a winter's feast of stories. Sadly, I was reminded of the book because of Holdstock's recent, unexpected death.

I can't give you any insights into my mood, but I can share this poem, Instructions by Neil Gaiman, which gives you a small taste of the type of imagery I need to gather round me.


Neil Gaiman - "Instructions" at Listal

1 Comments:

Blogger Sprytewood said...

Did you get the Froud book at FW last year? Find the secret!? =D xxxx

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home