Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A totally Wicked vacation



Sorry I've abandoned my posting for so long but I have a totally justifiable reason -I was having fun. Jeff and William and I were off on our one and only planned vacation of the year. I've been traveling a lot, but this was the only one I had set up before the summer began. Well, not true. I did plan on going to visit Joe and Lisa, so that that makes it the second planned vacation of the summer. No, wait, then there was the Ashland trip in late spring. So that makes it the THIRD planned trip.... About now are you expecting me to barge back in the door in a long red robe and shout "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Moving forward.... we went to San Francisco and saw the touring Broadway hit Wicked. For all of you who have already heard me go on and on fanatically about it, forgive me. For those who have yet to hear how you MUST go see this play, read on. I was convinced it couldn't possibly live up to my expectations. I had the soundtrack, you see, and loved it. But it did, meet my expectations that is, and more. I now have the songs stuck permanently in my head. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. At this point. If they're still there in a few weeks or months, I'll let you know if I'm still happy about it. But, I doubt it, as by then I'll be in a frenzy of anticipation for the new Firefly movie and the latest Harry Potter movie, both scheduled to come out this year.

Anyhoo, back to the vacation. It was wonderful. We all had a wonderful time. Now I have to sing a song from the play. "Wonderful!.... They call me Wonderful!.... so I am Wonderful...."

Just go see it. As you can see, it was a bit more exhausting a trip for some of us.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like it was a fun trip! :-)

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home