Sunday, January 15, 2006

NO photo

Apparently the cure for the January blahs is to a) go shopping and spend a lot of money, b) enjoy a bit of sunshine and c) get a new haircut.

It also helps, no doubt, to get healthier. I've been fighting off some germ of unknown origin, although I'm thinking it was some sort of tse tse fly germ. Isn't that the one that causes a sleeping sickness? Because mostly, this germ just wanted me to sleep. A lot. Mostly during the day. Not so much at night. But accumulatively, enough hours to count as at least half the time. And there was a lot of sitting on the couch or in front of the computer pretending to be awake but really nodding off time too.

But, somehow, I finally fought it off. Knock on wood. Maybe my life just got so boring that it got tired of me and went off to find someone with more energy to drain. Whatever. I'm just glad it's gone. I haven't been so tired since I had a newborn baby, or that time I got mono in college.

Anyhoo, I feel much better now. Knock on wood again. And I think, or rather - THOUGHT - I looked downright spiffy with my new perky energy and my new clothes and my new haircut.

That is..... until..... I tried to take a picture of myself to post for everyone else to see. I mean, I didn't literally try to take a picture of myself. No, wait, I did hold the camera in front of me once. Then I had William's friend Brandon take some shots, so William could be in the photo with me. Why waste perfectly good film...er digital pixels... on just little ol' me. And I had Jeff try to take a few shots. Inside. Then some more outside. I would have had Rosie try to take a few as well if I thought it would have helped. But I'm sure it wouldn't.

So I give up.

The problem was, every time someone pushed the button on the camera, this very bizarre woman JUMPED in front of me and we ended up with a picture of her instead of me. I mean, she's very odd. Fast. VERY fast. I'm guessing she has to be either fae, or mult-dimensional. How else can I explain how she could be there one second, and the next, be gone again!

So instead of pictures of me, I ended up with about a dozen photos of this short, round, older woman. She's got a double chin. And her bangs are ugly. And her boobs aren't very large but her chest is way too wide. And she's sorta squinty eyed too.

Anyway, so that's why I can't show you how great I look now. And hey, if you happen to see someone that fits that description, could you tell her to stop being so annoying! I'm tired of wasting film on her.

Er... wasting pixels.

Oh wait! I was wrong. I do have a photo for you. I was able to salvage this teensy little section of one of the photos. This part of the image came out just perfect.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

I've seen that woman's twin at my house. :-/

9:34 PM  
Blogger Debra said...

Hey.. that woman keeps jumping near me too. (I have the evidence on my blog.. where a face-comparison program said I looked like Gene Hackman!!)
And debr and others wonder why there are no photos of me on my blog!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Diz Rivera said...

Hola Rosie. You're super pretty! You must tell your mom to get you on
www.dogster.com because that's where all the weird dog people go and obsess about their beautiful children. Lupe & Carmen would love to be your friend.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home