Sunday, March 19, 2006

A is for......

This morning I stumbled upon a blogger that was using "W is for..." as a subject title. It was clever, and it stuck in my brain. A light bulb flashed above my head and I decided to create (or snatch out of the collective unconscious if it already exists and I just don't know about it) a new Alphabet MeMe. This one is really easy because you can make it as easy or as complicated as you want. List 3 words or 30. It's up to you. I simply kept going until words stopped welling up from inside. This week is A. Next week (or whenever I get around to it), I'll do B. The week after I'll... well, you get the idea.

My personal A List:

A.M./P.M. - Time is a complex factor in my life. Those of you who know me well need no more explanation.

Amery - a little town in northwestern Wisconsin. I wasn't born there, but I lived there for most of my single digit childhood and think of it as my "home town".

Albuquerque - another hometown. This town witnessed my teen years and left me with a love of adobe (another "A" word), the smell of pinyon wood smoke, and jalepenos on my pizza.

Abracadabra - It's important to believe in magic

Ashes - Since our only source of heat is wood, ashes are a big part of my life. At least from about October through April, give or take a month or two

Agates - I love rock huntings. Agates are my favorite rock.

Anastacia - if the sonogram is right, next month this will be my first granddaughter.

Artichokes and Asparagus - these were the first two "exotic" vegetables I ever tasted. After an early childhood filled with mostly peas, corn, carrots - standard stuff - these two veggies made a big impression on me and led to a joy in trying new foods

Argue - I can't say I like to argue, but if I have to, I'm damned good at it.

A+'s - I was a very grade oriented school child. Had a 4.0 in college.

Astronomy - when I was ten or so, I fell in love with astronomy. I knew more about astronomy, learned all on my own, then I did all the other science facts I learned in school from K-12. I even had my own telescope.

Art - Always been a big part of my life. I've always drawn, sketched, painted, sewn, sculpted, designed or done something artful - always.

Arugula - springs up every spring (ha!) and sometimes in the fall, in my garden. It's the quintessential garden green to me and I like to nibble on it whenever I'm outside

Amber - I love the smell of amber resin. I love amber beads/rocks/whatever you call them. Amber comes from the Baltic area, which appeals to the 50% of me that is Lithuanian

Antique - there are only a few things I'd rather have new rather then old - cars, seafood, coffee - most things, the older the better as far as I'm concerned. I like things that already have some story in them.

Archetype - The book Goddesses in Everywoman by Jean Shinoda Bolen was a seminal, pivotal read for me.

Astigmatism - yep. And nearsighted. And now farsighted too. Love me, love my glasses.

Author - what I want to be when I grow up some day.

Agriculture - I always imagined I'd grow up and marry a farmer. (Nope)

Autumn - my favorite season

Arrrrrgh - Every pirate's favorite word!


Okay, you're turn. And let me know if you play so I can read your A List.

4 Comments:

Blogger :-D eirdre said...

I did an "A is for...." but it won't let me upload photos of my favorite "A"!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I'll do this later this week, although some of mine will be dupes of yours and Deirdre's lists!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Great idea Laume, I'll do one too.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Michael Kline said...

Hi. Love the wordplay blog. I have a wordplay contest blog if you're interested at http://wordplaycafe.blogspot.com/
I'll also trade links if you'd like.
Thanks!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home