Saturday, April 01, 2006

Happy Birthday Rosie

Today is April 1st aka April Fool's Day aka Rosie's first birthday. I don't think I've ever known my dog's real birthday before. And this one is so easy to remember. It somehow seems appropriate that she'd be born on a day that honors practical jokers because some of you may remember how much I did not want a puppy when she came into my life. Well, the joke is on me! I can't imagine life without her. My perpetual toddler. Mama's girl. My Rosie-bean. The cutest girl in the whole wide world. Yes. Yes she is. My little sugar pie. Such a pretty girl. She gives me kisses. Lots of kisses. My baby girrrrl. My.... ahem. Sorry 'bout that. I get a little carried away sometimes.

She was only about six weeks old in this picture, a few days after she came home. She's no bigger then a coffee cup.

But just look how big she's grown! Why, she's as big as..... two, maybe even three coffee cups! Yessiree, she's really a handful (or two)! When we got her, she was smaller then the cats. And now, she's...... uhm, well, she's still smaller then the cats. But that doesn't stop her from ruling the whole lot of them.

She spends most of her time in someone's arms or lap but occasionally she's busy herding cats or scrounging for food crumbs or bringing us toys in an effort to convince someone to play tug of war or fetch with her. Her latest trick is to "dance" for a treat - which means standing on her hind legs and twirling in circles. A chihuahua we met a few weeks ago at a park in La Jolla could do the trick and, not to be outdone by some upscale city pooch, Rosie learned it in one take.

Okay, okay, if you insist, just one more picture - here she is this morning enjoying another favorite pasttime, soaking up the sun. William says (in a really bad Mexican accent) when she does this she's dreaming of "the land of her people".

Maybe she's dreaming of flying. Happy Birthday Rosita la Changa Que Vuela!

3 Comments:

Blogger SUEB0B said...

What a cute sweet tiny little dog!

My girl is 70 lbs of pure muscle fun...and I have the shoulder injuries to prove it. Sometimes I long for a petite pooch.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is soooo cute!!! We had a chihuahua when I was growing up and she was a very special little pooch too. We have been considering getting a small dog and keep leaning towards a pug but they are so expensive. We're in no hurry, though. It will be interesting to see how the cats react--hehehe . . . .

11:32 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

feliz cumpleaños, pequeñita rosita tan bonita.

tanto lo siento que estoy un día tarde. los clavos de me ordenador (o computadora, depende en donde vivas) no funcionó ayer.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home