Monday, June 12, 2006

Wordplay and What else

I had a summer cold attack me out of nowhere last night. Ugh. Feel like crap. My sinuses are like a leaky faucet with a broken washer, my throat feels like sandpaper. I spent the last several days when I was feeling good putzing around doing nothing and now I don't feel well enough to do anything much and am annoyed that I'm down for repairs. Isn't that the way it always is.

One thing I did yesterday, I spent the evening at Starbucks, writing all my Wordplay entries out in a notebook. I'm sure I'll come up with other ideas along the way, but now it's all ready to go for the rest of the alphabet. That was fun.

Deb let me know that somehow I'd goofed up the html the last time I added someone and the links to other participants weren't working. Oops. Sorry 'bout that. I think it's fixed now, at least it worked for me. So, go check out what folks are doing. I did last night and wow, it's really great the way everyone is making it their own. Tiny Bubbles made each listing just a few words long but her descriptions are like honey in the mind. Another person made her list into a poem. Some are following Deb's lead and adding little montages of images as well. In one of Deirdre's lists she took the time to capitalize and highlight that week's letter each time it showed up anywhere in the post. I bet she was trying hard to avoid doing office work THAT day. It's amazing how unique each list is, and yet how very much we seem to have in common at the same time.

If you haven't yet, please remember to add the Wordplay button to your page so folks who find Wordplay from your blog can find their way back and join in the fun as well.

Oh, and did you know Wordplay is actually a word!? I stumbled across it in the dictionary yesterday. It means "verbal wit". We already all knew we were oh-so-very clever, but it's nice to have Webster officially acknowledge us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

Still not working for me. You added the "a" into your HTML code, but now you're missing a couple of brackets. When you look at the code for the WP image, after the part that says border=0 you need to have one of these >

And then before the /a you need to have one of these < (At this point you already have a bracket after the /a though)

3:42 PM  
Blogger Dragonfly said...

Laume - I'm listed on your Wordplay list but I didn't get the html? Quite possibly I missed something. I think I left my brain somewhere last week.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home