Monday, December 25, 2006

Let's try this again

I wrote a post late last night. I think it was heartwarming. But it was late, I was tired, so maybe not. In any case, about three quarters of the way through writing it, my computer did some sort of wierd 60's thing and went all psychedelic and fuzzy and then it passed out completely. I wasn't sure if it had just had too much holiday eggnog, or if it was something more serious. I went to bed wondering if I would still have a laptop in the morning.

Fortunately, I did. I think it overheated and turned itself off. Unfortunately, it appears I've lost all my bookmarks for some reason, which bums me out because I had saved a bunch of really cool blog addresses and I was hoping to seriously update my sidebar to reflect what I really like to read and visit online. Alas, I'll probably never find them all again. But maybe I'll go hunting and find some new ones.

At the moment I'm sitting at the kitchen table surrounded by graham crackers, frosting, spilled coconut, brightly colored breakfast cereals, and all manner of other sweetened building materials. Sam and William are making gingerbread houses. Sam is determined to make an exact replica of the house he's building in real life. William is building your basic Cape Cod. The conversations floating back and forth across the table have been pretty amusing.

"One of my teddy grahams fell off the roof and broke his leg."

"I hope you have workmen's comp!"

"Nope. They're illegals. I was trying to save money because I spent too much money on the front doorway."

......

"How do I get this roof to stay on top?"

"You use frosting."

"Damn, I don't think this thing is gonna pass code."

........

"You're using chocolate frosting in the front yard instead of white frosting. It's not going to look like snow."

"Don't worry, this is just a load of topsoil. I"m going to landscape."

........

This is the part where I was going to tell you a bit about the kids arriving, the grandkid's adorableness, the gifts, the food, the family fun and noise. But alas, William has just bailed on his construction job and gone off to bed, I need to clean up the "construction site" and I have to save what little energy I have left to stay up to help Santa out.

So instead I'll leave you with a few photos.

Grampa reading to Nonny and Joshua



A cute little Nonny baby



And now I'm gonna make a cup of tea, hmmmm, or maybe eggnog, grab the bags hidden in my room, and help Santa fill the stockings before heading off to bed.

Doesn't it look cozy - the lights on the tree, the presents piled beneath it, the books lining the wall behind it.



"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

It looks very cozy! Merry Christmas, Laume.

6:41 AM  
Blogger :-D eirdre said...

Jeff looks SOOOO in his element! Glad to hear the laptop recovered and that you didn't lose anything too important - and now youget to go on another blog-quest!

Have a great holiday with your family - remember your friends are sending their best - hope you have your pirate socks on!

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least the mighty laptop lives so you can Blog another day !
Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year
hugz from downunder

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home