Sunday, January 07, 2007

I need more hours in my day

More days in my week, more weeks in my month, more... well, you get the idea.

Remember those to-do lists I mentioned? To be honest - resolutions. I felt so inspired when I made them. But already, I'm not doing so well.

The first one to tackle was a To-Do-Today list, "today" meaning yesterday. And did I get everything on my list done? Nope. I got about half of it done. I also had a To-Do-Saturday list on the back of yesterday's To-Do-List, which is today's list. There wasn't much on the To-Do-Saturday list, so I didn't feel too bad about not finishing yesterday's list, thinking I could catch up on it today. Or rather, yesterday. Which was Saturday. And I just scratched out a few things on the Friday and Saturday lists and wrote them back down on the To-Do-Today Sunday list. Which is today now. But I probably won't do them today either. Not all of them anyway. Are you confused enough yet? And more importantly, did I get anything on the Saturday list done on Saturday?

Nope. I didn't do anything else on Friday's list, didn't do anything at all on Saturday's list. Well, perhaps I did. I had "read more HP" on the list, and I've done that. "Write my blog" - did that too. Three of them in fact. I moved "Take down the tree" to Sunday's list.

The problem - a lot of other things came up that pushed the things I'd written down off to the side. And then there's that whole "I'll just sit down for a second" thing, where a second becomes two seconds, and then a minute, and then two or five or forty five minutes.

If I can't even finish a daily to-do list, it's not looking too good for my longer term lists though, is it? But I'm not giving up. Even if I only manage to finish half of everything on every list, it's still a lot more accomplished then nothing!

I'm only on page 467 of 870 pages in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which is the first book of the year. If I stick to my resolution of a book a week this year, I've only got two more days to read... let's see... 870 minus 467...... 403 pages! Gulp. I'm gonna try. And if I don't manage, I'm gonna count it as two books because, come on, 870 pages is a long book!

Tomorrow everyone has plans out of the house except me. Noel and the kids went off tonight for an errand and an overnight visit and won't be home until some time tomorrow. Jeff is taking William and some of his buddies snowboarding for the day. (William got his cast off only this Wednesday and he can't wait for another opportunity to...uhm... NOT break it this time.) The point here is that for at least some of the day, I might actually have the house all to myself!!! This is usually a treat but it's even more appealing an opportunity than usual after having the house filled to overflowing with family and guests for the last two weeks. Not that an overflowing house isn't a treat as well of course but there's delight in solitude as much as there's pleasure in the company of others.

I could spend the time catching up on those to-do lists but it's more likely I'll stay in bed or lounge with my laptop and enjoy indulging in sloth and quiet. Maybe I'll read all night and sleep the morning away. That would sort of be doing both - finishing Harry Potter is on my to-do list.

Speaking of Harry Potter, is it just my imagination, or has others noticed that there seems to be a lot more Harry Potter around? At this very moment, as I'm typing, I'm watching Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I just finished watching some BBC shows and stumbled on the movie on the Disney Channel. It seems like it's been on one channel or another for over a week now. And I'm noticing talk of the next movie coming out and rumors of when the last book will be published. In case you didn't know yet, the last book now has a title - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I wonder what a Hallow means in this context? I'm thinking it's a place.
Anyhoo, it just seems like Harry Potter fever seems to be on the rise lately.

That's about it. Just wanted to whine about being behind already. Whine, whine, whine. Anyone got any cheese? Nah, never mind. I'm cheerfully behind at this point.

Off to get my tea and page 468. 'Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home