Friday, June 01, 2007

I've got nothing

Can't think of what to blog about tonight. Too tired to come up with a theme. I'm going to climb into bed in a couple of minutes with my HP book, some garlic dill breadsticks, and this awesome smokey flavored baba ghannouj I found at the market the other day. And some iced tea. So, I'll just throw up a few photos I'd meant to post earlier but kept passing up at the last moment when another topic would catch my attention.

I found this little guy at a local flea market a few weeks ago. Apparently he used to be bolted onto the top of an exterminator's truck. The last owner painted him these surreal colors. I thought he might scare a few bugs out of the garden.

I walked to a dinner date a few evenings ago and took photos of gardens along the way. I want these gorgeous peonies!

This afternoon my friend Shelly called me up and asked me to go to the tea room. I was going to be good, stay home and clean, but aw' come on - you weigh the options. Clean house..... or a friend and tea room..... Yep. I thought so.

Since my last visit (earlier this week with my hubby), they'd placed a couple of tables on the front porch. It's a nice location, on the top of the valley with a view peaking through a couple of large shade trees. It was one of those odd weather days that seem unique to the high desert, with storm clouds rolling back and forth along the mountain ridges and around the valley floor like a roller derby team. We sat in the unusually humid air and enjoyed the distant roll of thunder.

It was still storming all around us (but not on top of us!) for the spring football exhibition game this evening. Along with thunder, there was the sound of fire engine sirens going up and down main street. Apparently the lightning started up a few brush fires.

It was a nice change from watching "our shows" most evenings this last spring. I chatted with a few friends, watched William play "flackle football". It was supposed to be flag football but the kids grabbed the flag on some plays, grabbed the player on others. So flag/tackle = flackle. It was all for fun.

I forgot how hard those damn bleachers are. After the game I helped dish out hamburger buns, chips and brownies to what seemed like a neverending line of smiling players.

It felt like summer jumped into town today, waving it's arms (you didn't know summer HAD arms?) and yelling " Surprise! Didn't expect me yet, didja!?" Nope. I seem to go along thinking a season just arrived and then I'm surprised when suddenly it's over and gone. How does that keep happening? When did a season start acting like a week used to feel?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you had kids? That's when my time started flying.

We, on the other hand, have had a hot and sunny April/May, and now we're getting the rain and bringing the sweaters back out. Sigh...

4:25 PM  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

Aiiiii!!!! I WANT YOUR EXTERMINATOR DECORATION!!!!! Oh, I'm sick with jealousy. It's marvelous.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Kirsty said...

I loved your opening lines about jumping into bed with an awesome sounding snack and then you "threw up" some pictures...who knew you were so talented? LOL! I usually have to use my camera for pictures...next time I'll try a late night snack too!

Moonsinger
ps great pix of the clouds...what did you have to eat to get those?

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home