Thursday, January 03, 2008

Books I Read in 2007


Here is the whole list. I'll put an asterik near any book that's a reread.

January
1. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix* by J K Rowling
2. Blame It On Paris by Laura Florand
3. Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
4. Bookmarked to Die by Jo Dereske
5. Witch Way to Murder by Shirley Damsgaard
6. Charmed to Death by Shirley Damsgaard

February
7. French Women Don't Get Fat by Mirielle Guliano
8. Storm Front by Jim Butcher
9. The Sonoma Diet by.... can't remember
10. Death Hits the Fan by Jacqueline Girdner
11. Wintersmith by Terry Pratchett
12. Fool Moon by Jim Butcher
13. Sex, Murder and a Double Latte by Kyra Davis

March
14. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
15. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
16. Grave Peril by Jim Butcher
17. The Dance of the Dissident Daughter by Sue Monk Kidd
18. The Trouble With Witches by Shirley Damsgaard
19. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (I would have read the second and third book in this series as well but the publishers did this assinine trick where the first and third book are out in paperback but the second book is only available in hardcover. I assume the idea was we'd all be too anxious to wait and buy the more expensive second book. Wrong, a**holes. It only pisses me off. I do buy hardcover, but not when I feel like I'm being manipulated into doing so. Which is a shame, because I really liked the first book.)

April
20. Murder in the Marais by Cara Black
21. Killed by Clutter by Leslie Caine
22. Summer Knight by Jim Butcher
23. Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman
24. Renaissance Soul by Margaret Lobenstine

May
25. Murder in Belleville by Cara Black
26. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince* by J K Rowling

June
27. Death Masks by Jim Butcher
28. La Mariage by Diane Johnson

July
29. Dead End Dating by Kimberly Raye
30. Murder with Peacocks by Donna Andrews
31. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J K Rowling

August
32. Into the Green by Charles De Lint
33. Stardust by Neil Gaiman
34. Murder in the Sentier by Cara Black
35. Blood Rites by Jim Butcher
36. A Field Guide to Getting Lost by Rebecca Solnit
37. The Chocolate Cat Caper by Jo Anna Carl

September
38. Tithe by Holly Black
39. A Writer's Paris by Eric Maisel
40. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
41. Murder in the Bastille by Cara Black
42. Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
43. Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris
44. One Hex of a Wedding by Yasmine Galenorn

October
45. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
46. All Hallows' Evil by Valerie Wolzien
47. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

November
48. Organize Your Corpses by MaryJane Maffini
49. Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher
50. Murder in the Clichy by Cara Black

December
51. The Golden Compass* by Philip Pullman
52. Deep Writing by Eric Maisel
53. Catalogue of Death by Jo Dereske
54. Undead and Unreturnable by MaryJanice Davidson

Oh! I guess I did exceed my book-a-week reading goal this year. How 'bout that! Yah me again. (Unless someone changed the number of weeks in a year?) There was also one book I started but just couldn't get into so I abandoned it after a couple of chapters. I'm currently halfway through three books, those I'll use to start my 2008 list.

Tomorrow I'll post my top favorite reads of 2007. Anyone want to make some guesses beforehand at which books will make the list?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of good books here! How did you like Cara Black? I don't usually read a lot of mysteries but she's on my list of authors I want to read. I love the Paris arrondissement theme.

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home