Friday, April 25, 2008

Flowers, flowers, flowers

Today went out of Paris to Giverny to visit Monet's Garden. I've been to the Butchardt Gardens on Vancouver Island, Canada, and they were huge and elegant and impressive. By that standard, Monet's garden is small and wild. But without a doubt, it wins my heart. It was so full of ........ color, flowers, color, beauty, birds, color, charm, color, and a sort of love of nature so that the garden tried to amplify the beauty that is already there instead of shaping it to something we think might be better.

And Monet's home - I've wanted to live in the Aunt's house from Practical Magic for many years. I might have to switch to wanting to live in Monet's beautiful color filled home.

Gonna run out of time here any second. Just thought I'd do a quick check in. One more day in Paris tomorrow - we are going to the flea market in the morning and then who knows, our last night in Paris. The next day we take the train back to London where we will have an evening there and flying home on Monday. It's been a long trip but wonderful. I'll have a bazillion stories and photos once I return home.

A bientot!

2 Comments:

Blogger GreenishLady said...

Ah... In a week's time, I'll be arriving in Paris with my sisters, an Giverny is in our plan for Saturday. I can't wait! Hope the trip has been everything you wanted, and that the trip home is good.

2:37 PM  
Blogger thanida said...

Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things
เว็บย่อลิ้ง
เว็บย่อลิ้งค์
ย่อลิ้ง
ย่อurl
ย่อเว็บ

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home