Saturday, September 27, 2008

Post Spooky Challenge!

*To find out how to join in the Spooky fun, read on. To find the list of Post Spooky participants, click to the current date main page of Beach Treasure and scroll down the sidebar.*





I have no digital image making skills whatsoever. I don't even have a word/image processing program in my new laptop at the moment. I need to rectify that. BUT, if we waited for me to be able to figure out how to make a cute button for this challenge, we'd all be covered in cobwebs and dust before it came to be. Which might be appropriately spooky, but not terribly exciting.

So, here's the thing. Last year I had a lot of fun creating spooky Halloween themed posts for the entire month of October. I want to do the same thing this year, and I'm challenging you all to play along. I'm also challenging (pleading, asking, begging) someone to make a decent button out of the "Post Spooky" label above. I will reward the button maker with a spooky treat!

All you have to do to join the fun is Post Spooky! for the entire month of October. I'm going to try to post every day, or as close to that as possible. You can try to post something daily, or simply as often as you traditionally manage. The entire post can be spooky or you can add a P.S. (Post Spooky!) to the end of a post that doesn't fit the theme. What fits the theme? Halloween, Samhain, Dia de Los Muertos, ghosts, haunted houses, pumpkin carving, mysterious music, costumes, cemeteries, reflections on the season, harvest foods...... you'll think of something that fits the mood or scene.

I'll add a theme or question to each of my posts for you to use if you want. For example "What's your favorite Halloween candy?" or "Have you ever seen a ghost?" You can use that as your next post, use it later if your idea pool runs a bit dry, or ignore the prompts completely and go wandering off alone in the woods in search of your own themes. Although, wandering off in the woods alone at this time of year.... might not be a good idea..... it's dark in there.... Did you hear that!?..... well, no one can say you weren't warned.

All you have to do to play is -

1. Let me know you want to play and the URL for your blog. (Leave a comment below)

2. Add a link back here (hopefully with a nifty new button in your sidebar, a button that some wonderful bloggerperson can figure out how to make) so folks can find the rest of the participants. I'll add your blog link to a list of Post Spooky participants in my sidebar and then we can all visit each other.

3. Post Spooky for the month of October (and if you celebrate Dia de Los Muertos, for the first few days in November too.)

That's it. There might be two of us, or twenty. Whatever, I'll be happily immersed in cobwebs and pumpkins and things that go bump in the night all month even if I'm playing all alone in the dark, just me and the spiders.

7 Comments:

Blogger Connie Carpenter Macko said...

"Postin' Spooky" ...isn't that a rap song? LOL I think I want to play! I hate to think of you alone out there with the spiders... maybe you like 'em though. Um... not much over here! Sounds like a good challenge to keep me blogging consistently this month over at finerthanfroghair.blogspot.com

6:36 PM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Hi, This sounds like so much fun!! I am not sure what i will be posting or how often, but when I do i'll add my link! I do love autumn and halloween, cant wait to see what everyone gets up too....I like the Spooky Button you made for this...gonna place it on my blog right now...

Priscilla x

8:11 AM  
Blogger Barbara Chojnacki said...

Post Spooky. Okay, I'll play. It will give me some incentive to post in my sorely neglected blog, undersixgables.blogspot.com

9:48 AM  
Blogger Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Oh my! Totally excellent idea, Please Count me in for some spookin'! And I love the button, it is excellent. I can't wait for Samhain, I'm cleaning up the house today so I can decorate it tomorrow on Oct. 1st...

9:54 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I would love to play along too. http://walkerlady.blogspot.com/
I will post my first "Spooky" later today, when I get back from work!
:)
Sherri

5:10 AM  
Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

This idea is fantastic! I wish I could promise that each day would be spooky but I can't, bummer. I just don't know where my ideas will come from. I have been very spooky and witchy lately and even have my Halloween Etsy store open. I love this and will keep watching for spooky posts.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Kirsty said...

Okay, I'm late, but I'm still jumpin' into the Spooky Pool! Can't be sure I'll make the "everyday" post, but I'll do my bestest!

count me IN!

Moonsinging.blogspot.com

Kirsty

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home