Friday, October 30, 2009

Senior Photos

Warning! Dates on this calendar are closer than they may appear in this reality!

Somehow senior photos were suddenly due the beginning of next week. We'd planned but then missed the only daylight hours we have together these days (aka - last weekend) due to busy schedules and me feeling down with a cold bug and a change in upcoming plans (I'm gonna be out of town) makes this weekend unworkable. So we squeezed a photo shoot for William and my "extra son", William's friend James, during a lunch hour this week.

We met down on the river trail, the only place that wasn't soaking in bright (but very cold) sunlight. I needed an overcast day and plenty of time. I ended up with patchy shade and two rushed teens, one of them didn't even bother to shave!

Of course teens, even in a hurry, have to goof off. Along with all the serious poses, William decided to "work the camera" and we had a lot of laughs.




I think this was him being a "stud".




An "emo" shot?




Or maybe a "tough guy" look.




William wanted this shot. (actually he wanted the other shots that show writing to the left side of him that is really rude and I'm not gonna show it on this blog).





Except for a bout of cracking up, James was by far the more pliant poser for me. (Ha! I called him a poser!) I managed to get at least a half dozen shots that would have worked fine. I don't know which one he chose but here's one nice shot. Such a handsome kid.




Here's a nice shot of William in his lettermen's jacket. Not the one he chose though.




We submitted this one.

Just KIDDING! ("Just kidding!" That scene makes me crack up! We just watched Mr. Boogedy and Bride of Boogedy. LOVE those movies!)




We cropped it just a wee bit, but here's William's senior photo.

What's Post Spooky about this post? Well, I did mention two of my favorite Halloween movies. And there's some lovely autumn leaves in the backgrounds. And spookiest of all, I remember when these two were little four year olds and I had to keep an eye on them when they were playing in our front yard. Now they're driving, growing facial hair, and GRADUATING!? Too scary!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lutra said...

OMG...
When did he get so big!
KCS... I remember him being little too....now he's all big and being manley....snif!
The wheel goes round and round.....

8:46 AM  
Blogger Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

What great photos Laume, William is lucky that you're such a good photographer!

11:51 AM  
Blogger mermaiden said...

your boy is handsome and all grown up (i'm shedding a tear for you ;D )

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home