Monday, April 03, 2006

Spring has arr.........rrrgh. Nevermind.



Look at the lovely spring flowers above - dafodils! Hibiscus! Crocus! Dandelions! Okay, so maybe that last one isn't your favorite harbinger of spring, but at least it's green and yellow - colors! Lovely, lovely colors that are not gray or white or dirty brown.

I was on my way out to the car on Saturday when the yellow caught my eye and so so I wandered around the yard and discovered that spring was truly trying to break through. I was so excited to share these photos.

Except, there's one thing. Looked outside a little while ago and guess what? Some time after I closed the curtains tonight, it started snowing. Quite a bit actually. Several inches out there and still coming down. No yellow. No green. Just black skies, a few black shadows and everywhere else, white. White, white, white and MORE white. Excuse me for a minute while I......


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

.....okay, sorry 'bout that. Where were we? Oh. Yes. Apparently the spring fairy is holding out for longer vacations, better wages, a new coffee service. Who knows. Or maybe the snow fairies have a contract that allows them longer hours this season and they refuse to stop working until they get paid for every damn one of them. William, the snowboard fanatic, looked outside and then smugly announced "Lovely spring weather we're having this year." I didn't hit him or anything. I mean, sheesh, he's a child. All 6'2" of him. But I did tell him to go unload the dishwasher. He just yawned and went to bed instead.

It is April, right? Sigh.

2 Comments:

Blogger :-D eirdre said...

Yes it is spring here in CT - Tell William that Morgan would trade him for a day or 2 - she put her brand new snowboard on her carpet and stood on it - I could see the dream in her eyes.

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it *is* April. LOL. I wish it would warm up here a bit more. The cherry trees are blooming and causing me no end of grief because I'm allergic, though. It sounds like you have perfect quilting weather--just try to think of it that way!!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home