Monday, January 08, 2007

My cabinet and wall

A long, long while ago I was posting about what is hopefully only the first step in a repainting/redecorating of the front rooms. I promised photos and I'm finally supplying them.
Here is what the wall looked like before I started:

Dang! I can't even remember it looking like this anymore!

And here is my new glass fronted cabinet and the painted wall:

It's not a large space, but it took me almost a week of work to get it all done! That's counting a massive clean out and moving of what was originally against the wall. It's still not perfect but I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

The edge of the wall to the right has no trim on it. It ends there where the woodstove alcove is now. But since we have the new heater installed and the roof has been sealed over where the stove chimney pipe used to be, this summer we'll take the woodstove out completely and turn that alcove back into a coat closet. The green tin of baskets have been rearranged by a toddler, they usually are snug against the cabinet. Someone put a gouge in the new brown paint with the old door. Oh, you can also see a tiny bit of the new door.

Right now the cabinet is mostly full of teddy bears. They're only put out during the winter holidays. Eventually I'll put the bears away and I plan to display my flower fairy and witch doll collections in the cabinet. The dark wall ended up being a great backdrop for the cream colored cabinet, doncha think? I hope to paint the rest of the front room walls a lighter sage green.

2 Comments:

Blogger :-D eirdre said...

The new cabinet looks great!

PS - Have a Great Birthday!

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice, it looks great Laume. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wow, you are 50! Congrats on reaching a half century.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home