Thursday, March 01, 2007

Unconscious Mutterings

I didn't feel well today, but I mudddled through. Not feeling up to any more serious blogging tonight, but it's a good time for me to do this week's Unconscious Mutterings.

  1. Soldier :: war

  2. Lipton :: tea

  3. Reason:: to live - not sure where that one came from. Maybe I mean one should find their reason for living. Their passion.

  4. Terms :: of Endearment - wasn't that a movie?

  5. Positive :: negative.

  6. Example :: Do you want me to give you an example or be one?

  7. Legacy :: quilts, family stories, names

  8. Solo :: drum solo. Or maybe Hans Solo. Harrison Ford as Hans Solo was my very first movie star crush. Unless you count Davey Jones of the Monkees. Which I don't want to, because that makes me sound incredibly old. Of course the first Star Wars movie came out in 1977 - thirty years ago! So I guess there's no easy way to avoid that whole "old" label.

  9. Instrument :: of peace. That's a psalm, yes? Wait a sec while I go Google....nope. It's a prayer by St. Francis of Assisi in the 13th century. Here it is in it's entirety:

    Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
    where there is hatred, let me sow love;
    where there is injury, pardon;
    where there is doubt, faith;
    where there is despair, hope;
    where there is darkness, light;
    and where there is sadness, joy.

    O Divine Master,
    grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
    to be understood, as to understand;
    to be loved, as to love;
    for it is in giving that we receive,
    it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
    and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

    Amen.


  10. You don't have to be a Christian to find that a beautiful sentiment.

  11. Later :: 'Gator!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home